Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading up to check out Blue mountain trails in NY.
Does anyone have directions coming from NYC area.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
34 Posts
roc865 said:
is the trail largely technical? :confused: i'm not the most experienced mtn rider so i'm kind of looking for cross country or a trail that won't send me back home in a sling. :p
There are a mix of trails - some more technical than others. Google some reviews to see which trails there may be better than others for you there. Also, maybe try the Sprain Ridge Park (look at the wmba website I listed) - their map has more clearly defined beginner trails which are still very fun. That's my Friday afternoon ride spot. It's closer to the city too.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BCR said:
There are a mix of trails - some more technical than others. Google some reviews to see which trails there may be better than others for you there. Also, maybe try the Sprain Ridge Park (look at the wmba website I listed) - their map has more clearly defined beginner trails which are still very fun. That's my Friday afternoon ride spot. It's closer to the city too.
I've ridden Spain Ridge a few times. Pretty nice up there. Both times though, I couldn't find the beginner trail. My first time at Sprain ridge I ended up riding a trail completely out of my league. Actually I walked alot of that trail with my bike.:( My second time there I actually got lost close to getting dark. I lucked out by crossing paths with a rider.
If you think Blue Mountain is too technical, I won't even bother going up there. I'll check out the reviews like you said.

·
Registered
34 Posts
At Sprain when you go drive into the park, keep going straight when the road makes a hairpin turn to the left towards the pool. Go up the hill and take a right into the first parking lot. When you pull into that small parking lot, the beginner trail starts on the left hand side - it is the first trail and you can loop back around to that same parking lot if you follow the map and exit 20 feet to the right of where you entered. Check out the map on wmba

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
BCR said:
At Sprain when you go drive into the park, keep going straight when the road makes a hairpin turn to the left towards the pool. Go up the hill and take a right into the first parking lot. When you pull into that small parking lot, the beginner trail starts on the left hand side - it is the first trail and you can loop back around to that same parking lot if you follow the map and exit 20 feet to the right of where you entered. Check out the map on wmba

1 - 7 of 7 Posts