Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
buying a chain guide isn't an option when you're broke, which is my case,
i just recently "inherited" a 9 speed and i need a chain guide to keep the chain on the front ring
any homade suggestions???
be creative, pretty isn't my aim i just want functional and posssibly light;)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not quite, i've got 05 tektro io disc breaks, an old hardrock frame sitting in my shop, and some almost worn out magnesium platform pedas. nothing of high demand

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no, but im debating on wheather a chain guide or girlfriend is more important, she'd be worth a prety penny
yup, how much could i get for a "mildly" scratched 05 spec. hardrock ss

G

·
Blackspire Stinger is like $25. It's meant for dual rings, but will work with just a single in a pinch.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
I laugh at kids now days....My parents divorced when I was young and my family barely had enough money to buy clothes and food. My mom kitted checks to make it.

Anyway when I wanted a bike or skateboard or anything .....I WORKED FOR IT plus I gave money to my family so we could eat and have Xmas presents.

do odd jobs.....I mowed grass and washed cars....knock on a door of a house with a dirty car and tell them what you are trying to do (buy chainguide) and you would like to earn it instead of get handouts.

wash a car
shovel snow
mow lawns
paint a house
re-roof a house
help build a garage
build a fence
clean pools
paper route
baby sit

all things I did as a kid to make money (except we have no snow)

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
I laugh at kids now days....My parents divorced when I was young and my family barely had enough money to buy clothes and food. My mom kitted checks to make it.

Anyway when I wanted a bike or skateboard or anything .....I WORKED FOR IT plus I gave money to my family so we could eat and have Xmas presents.

do odd jobs.....I mowed grass and washed cars....knock on a door of a house with a dirty car and tell them what you are trying to do (buy chainguide) and you would like to earn it instead of get handouts.

wash a car
shovel snow
mow lawns
paint a house
re-roof a house
help build a garage
build a fence
clean pools
paper route
baby sit

all things I did as a kid to make money (except we have no snow)
Dam right! I loved doing those things as a kid, well maybe not the baby sit unless they had a hot daughter , but that counted for the rest of em too, ah those were the days my friend lol

Too much www. xbox macca's and poo

:D I wouldn't trade growing up then for now for anything old school, rocked:cool:, now if only I could mow the dam lawns :D

·
maker of trail
2,008 Posts
bash sandwhich is your friend, put it on, never droped a chain since (DH/FR etc), I love the look of chain guides and I said I'll buy one even if I drop the chain just once... that was a year ago...

That envy thing which allows you to manually switch to the granny is genius!! :thumbsup:

·
Capricious youth...
3,814 Posts
Nothing against Hucker... maybe these economic times have hit him hard (maybe he's in the high-tech industry?).

But kids these days feel they deserve everything they get, and then some. Look at "The Hills", or "The City", or "My Super Sweet 16". I mean, for pete's sake! These kids have such a disgusting sense of entitlement, it makes me want to vomit.

Not to mention that they say adolescence no longer ends at age 18, but can actually extend to the age of 25!

No wonder our future is doomed in America!

·
I am a pathetic rider...
644 Posts
Prettym1k3 said:
Nothing against Hucker... maybe these economic times have hit him hard (maybe he's in the high-tech industry?).

But kids these days feel they deserve everything they get, and then some. Look at "The Hills", or "The City", or "My Super Sweet 16". I mean, for pete's sake! These kids have such a disgusting sense of entitlement, it makes me want to vomit.

Not to mention that they say adolescence no longer ends at age 18, but can actually extend to the age of 25!

No wonder our future is doomed in America!
Ummm ok?.... that isn't an unfair generalization at all, I mean like, since britney spears is a spoiled person and a horrible mother, all white women have to be spoiled and bad mothers, right? I work for my stuff, and I don't see a whole lot of "entitlement" going on around where I live, which is actually a fairly affluent neighborhood, so please before you go on with the rant against "kids these days", consider that we aren't all like that. PS, I am 16.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
im not spoiled at all, my bike is jerry rigged with many parts i've put together myself, and smt, i do work for everything i have, there's not much to do in east tennessee in the winter, and when i do anything around my house i don't get money and i don't ask for it b/c its my duty to help out my family, im not handed much, and none of you guys know me so don't judge me by the conformity of society, just b/c im 15 doesn't mean im some inner city little sh!t that won't have to work a day of his life b/c mommy and daddy give me everything and i said "i want to make a chain guide" so i don't have to ask for anything from noone, thanks guys who gave valid suggestions and didn't judge me

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.