Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heading up to Keystone in August. Looking to rent some all-mountain dual suspension trail bikes (currently ride Giant VT2 with full XT and Manitou Minute). Keystone website is listing dual suspension Treks for $55/8 hours??? Damn, I'm riding 5 days! Might as well just buy something instead for that price!

Can anyone give me a heads up as to where to rent some decent dual suspension trail bikes for less? Somewhere in town?? $55 is kind or steep...

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
773 Posts
55 isn't that bad look at Diablo Premium Downhill Bike Rental $109 or Downhill Bike Rental$89 I am going to just bring my bike to NJ for that price. Sorry I can't help on the CO rental but do look around my wife got one at keystone last week and it was not that good.

·
Registered
473 Posts
rental bikes just cost an arm and a leg, it's crazy, especially if you are on a longish trip, makes me afraid to travel! You'd spend about the same buying a nice hardshell case for your own ride as renting bikes for a few days :rolleyes:

Anyway, maybe try Winter Park. WP is fun, not as gnar as Keystone but still fun, and you can get an all-day lift ticket and rent a Kona Garbanzo (looks like a Stab to me ) for around $60 total. Hmm, rent there and ride Keystone?? :D The AM rigs all these places rent seem pretty worn out, all Treks, and for the same $$ as a DH bike, well, I'd rather push around heavy quality than lightweight crap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.