Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well .. I was looking at some mountain bikes to do some light trail riding and pavement. However, I have 2 herniated discs in my back. The doctor told me to forgot about the mountain bike for now. He said to get something a little more upright to ride. Any recommendations for a new multi-speed bike for pavement, hike & bike trails?

Thanks,

Roy

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Well now I'm confused(some would say that's par for the course). You say your doc said no mtb'g and yet you want something for hike & bike trails. Those are trails that are so rough you need to hike some parts. That's what confuses me.

I suggest a full suspension recumbent and stay off the trails like your doc says.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
fred? said:
Well now I'm confused(some would say that's par for the course). You say your doc said no mtb'g and yet you want something for hike & bike trails. Those are trails that are so rough you need to hike some parts. That's what confuses me.

I suggest a full suspension recumbent and stay off the trails like your doc says.
The local hike and bike trail is not real rough. It goes around a lake downtown. So mainly riding on actual running track material or pavement.

-Roy

·
Registered
45 Posts
new company: electra bikes

my dad is a short little fat guy (by his own admission) and has back problems, so he can't ride his old specialized expedition. we found a company called Electra Bike Co., and they sell a nice line of bikes called Townies. The prices range from 250 to 500 and they feature a crank system that sits forward of the seat tube and a big riser handlebar, giving the bike a low-rider/chopper kind of feel. I sat on it when we got it, and the thing is really damn comfortable; he says it actually helps his back, since you're not supporting yourself like on a regular mountain or road bike. check out electrabikes.com and see if it looks like what you want. hope this helps.

·
Registered
178 Posts
i've had back (lumbar and thoracic) probs for many years due to heavy lifting and car accidents

i was about to give up riding till i got on my VT3..... the cushy suspension and the relatively upright position is alot easier on the back.....

i seriously was gonna give up riding

try out a few enduro bikes..... good climbing but comfy

i am very happy with my VT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.