Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was riding down to the lake today from N Lamar. Bike lanes all the way until Peace Park, then I stay along side Lamar on the trail that runs parallel to the creek. As you know the trail takes you past those huge dirt jumps off 9th street. After the water crossing you go under West Ave. Thats where you see it :eek: .....looks like a damn bomb went off. A tree bomb. One of the trees had gotten its top busted off during one of the recent storms. Im talking about several hundred pounds of tree top just sitting on top of other broken trees. Its just hanging over the path!! :yikes: Its been like that for weeks now. I attempted to rig it up today. After looking at it from a different angle I figured out theres no way I can do anything. OK well I'll just hack saw all the branches that hang over the path, right? That damn tree top will still be sitting up there, pretty much waiting to crush somebody. So call the city I guess? Who do I call though? I'd like to get others to complain also so we can get this fixed ASAP. I dont know about you, but getting smashed by a tree top doesn't sound too good. :nono: Are you with me!!??:yesnod:

·
Registered
273 Posts
That section has never been really well-maintained. I think the website with the contact info is like AustinConnection or something. It's easy enough to bypass most sections of that trail but yes, I too don't want to die anytime soon.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I've actually called the city about a similar situation before. They responded same day.

Why did you post this in the 29er forum? There is a Texas forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts