Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
ROOOOOOOO
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got this trip lined up. Heading to Auburn on Saturday, 01 July. I'm going to be staying there overnight in a hotel then heading up early to Downieville to meet a friend for Sunday.

Would any kind locals be interested in taking a spin somewhere in Auburn on Saturday afternoon? I've never been up there before.

Thanks,

J

·
Registered
916 Posts
J said:
I've got this trip lined up. Heading to Auburn on Saturday, 01 July. I'm going to be staying there overnight in a hotel then heading up early to Downieville to meet a friend for Sunday.

Would any kind locals be interested in taking a spin somewhere in Auburn on Saturday afternoon? I've never been up there before.

Thanks,

J
If you want there's a 10mi loop I'd be game to ride Sat afternoon. 5mi climb-5mi downhill fun. I should have my rig fixed by then, what say you?

·
Registered
916 Posts
What's the word James? Hell ya it's all good, the more the merrier.

So what would be a good meet time for Sat. afternoon? I'm up for anytime?

J, are you familiar with hwy 49? If you take it towards Cool/Placerville from I-80 you will weave through Auburn (short distance) and then it'll take you down into Auburn Ravine. Once you get to the bottom you'll see a bridge to the right that crosses the river. Keep going straight and there will be a long large shoulder to the left where there should be a lot of cars parked. That's our meet point. I'll be in a 2000 White Dodge Dakota RT with a sand yellow Kona hardtail.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Sat. can't make morning runs, plus Joe works till noonish and "J" proposed an afternoon meet. Hopefully we can do it in the afternoon or I won't be able to make it.

Yea the jumps are alright on Culvert. Actually I'd like to end the day at the Auburn jumps. James, you should try to make it out there after we're done with the Clementine Loop.

I'll probably be giving you a call later today.

Piece
Richard

·
emteebee
413 Posts
Hey guys mind if I ride with you guys, I am a beginner and Quarry Road was my first trail I ever rode, and had to walk up all the climbs, i sucked. But since then I have done about 30 miles of riding so far and I'm getting my legs built up.

Would you mind if I joined you?

-So where are we meeting? DO we take the right onto the bridge at the bottom or keep going straight?

I always ride alone so this would be nice, and I could take a friend along too if that's ok.

·
Registered
916 Posts
cmktech, you're more than welcome to come along and your friend too. If this is the first bridge you are talking about, no you don't cross. You'd go straight just a tad further and pull over to the long left shoulder where there should be a good amount of cars parked. Also there's a porta-john on that side.

The first 5 miles is a constant climb, it's not technical but it is a good climb. The last five miles is a fairly technical downhill. The first half of the downhill is rutted up but if you take your time you can get thru.

·
emteebee
413 Posts
ohh ok yeah before i turned right last time i saw A LOT of cars parked on that shoulder. Well this would be a long drive but it seems worth it. I am kind of going all out this summer riding before i am cooped up in a dorm in college. Is the 5 mile climb constant uphill or does it go up, and then level for awhile or is it constant climb.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm always looking for folks to ride with, so I'm going to try to make it if that's cool (white '97 ford exploder and a red prophet). Y'all gonna flame me for wearing a full face (lol it's all I got right now)?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.