Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "ride kit" spring in the left (air spring, Mars-type) leg of my 2008 Manitou Super Air 120 fork broke, so I got a replacement kit from Manitou, but NEED a good photo or description of the air-spring assembly sequence. The 2008 Service manual, page 16, Fig 3, shows the rod, end cap, coil spring, and push rod. It does NOT show the rubber bumpers and washer that is shown in Fig 2, and my corresponding washer in Fig 2 has a deep-"dish" in it.

Can anyone clarify this, or provide a pic of ALL the parts layed in sequence on the bench so I can get the whole idea?

I know I'll get flamed because this is a SIMPLE assembly, but I'm missing something after pushing it around my bench for so many months.

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
I am assuming you have a Minute fork (they called them different things). I don't have a picture anywhere but the "rubber" part should hit the bottom of the stanchion when the fork bottoms out. So that should go closest to the stanchion end. The black spacer and washer are used to take up some space on the rod so that that bumper will actually hit the stanchion at bottom out, so those go after the rubber bumper. That make any sense?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.