Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im building a new race bike nd am thinking of finaly change from v's to disk brakes . the chosen ones are the Avid BB7 but first i got some questions
- i currently own the xt m760 dual levers and says that they work mech's so my question is if anybody has used them with the BB7 , what do you think about the performance of these shifter/brake levers with these brakes??
- i have the 06marz mx pro eta fork and the mount type is a post mount. these is the first time i see these tipe of mount so my question is. does it work with the BB7?? do i need any kind of adapter?? what size should i get ?? should i steek with the 160's or go higher(whats does it mean the 160, 180 , ...)

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
Some answers

While I've never used XT levers with my BB7 brakes, they will be just fine. I have LX levers on another bike thatb has mechanical discs and they work well. The Xt will be just that much better. The BB7 brakes will be compatible with either post mount OR IS mount. No need to specify which when you buy them. As for the rotor size (160, 185, 203) I would stick with the 160s unless as a racer you are doing downhill. Given that you are using V brakes, I would surmise that you're not. Stick with the 160s, they will be lighter.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
Bob pretty much nailed it.... only one comment.. as Bob commented you won't need any adapter if you go for 160mm rotors, but if you go for a bigger one (185 or 203) in the front you will need a PM to PM adapter for the bigger sizes. The BB7s usually come with PM to IS adapters stock.

Good luck,
Cris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.