Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i am looking to upgrade my giant xtc se forks i can only spend up to 350 i will be using them all mountain and i only weigh 8 stone cos im 14 lol
i dont want forks that will mess up the geomatry of the bike i have looked at rock shox pikes 409 on chain reaction there £199 i think thats quite good value r they good forks
thanks in advance jon

·
on my 3rd wind...
1,827 Posts
Does your Giant xtc se have 100mm for? Then Pike coil uturn will work but a bit over kill for the frame and weighs 5+lbs. You might want to check out Revelation Coil or Dual air u-turn...also Recon. A bit cheaper and better match for your frame.

·
Registered
170 Posts
the xtc is a 100mm xc frame, i wouldnt go any bigger personally.

id look at the rock shox reba, not the pike, the pike is way way too aggressive of a fork for a lightweight xc rig - plus youd need to get a 20mm through axle front wheel.

a reba would keep the handling sweet, and could be set up exactly how you like it. and only weight 1500g to boot. the only difference between the reba race and team is the crown, the team is slightly lighter, but costs a fair whack more. the lowers and internals are identical.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.