Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 28mile 5k elevation gain XC ride coming in May. Which seems like a long ways away but I have let myself go this winter and need to bust my ass (and lungs) into shape. In the past I have conditioned by riding everyday, but now that I am out of school and working I leave for work in the dark and come home in the dark so that isn't really an option. My main concern is my lungs I have always struggled with developing my cardio/lungs.

Can anyone recommend some websites or books I can read on conditioning for such a ride?

Thanks in advance.

·
Ibexbiker
181 Posts
1. How about commuting to work several times a week as a start? Get some warm cycling clothing and a good light and off you go.
2. If your short on time read "The Time Crunched Cyclist" by Chris Carmichael. Good routines for people short on training time.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
swmarc said:
I wish I could ride to work but it is a 67mile round trip and on a government nuclear site.

I will check out the book pronto
Drive part of the way there, then ride the rest. Do they not let bikes into government nuclear sites?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure, I have never seen anyone riding on site. My concern would be getting hit by a car, the security on the site doesn't write tickets so people go 70 in the 35 zone. I will have to look into it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.