Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm using shimano MTB shoes and pedals (don't know the exact model)... here is my problem: no matter how I try to adjust the tightness of the pedal, it does not eject well when I twist the feet. It has done that since the beginning pretty much and I thought it was just the way clipless pedals were... until:

This month I got a new road bike with also clipless pedals (Time Attack). I was stunned how healthy the ejection mechanism is. You twist the foot it pops you out. Incredible? It was for me, having been in pain with my MTB shimano pedals from the beginning.

So the advise I need is, what pedals should I buy for my MTB that will pop out easily when the terrain is tricky and I need to put the foot down, while at the same time will resist the MTB vibrations and shocks. Technically as long as the foot is in line, there should be no issue. My budget for the new pedals is around $80-100 (assuming I can keep the shoes).

thanks
Nick

·
SNGLSPD
1,058 Posts
Nico1976 said:
This month I got a new road bike with also clipless pedals (Time Attack). I was stunned how healthy the ejection mechanism is.
Sounds like you already answered your own question.
I like the Times

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.