Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
meow
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came into posession of one Kona Unit :D . Lots of fun!!!! However, the brakes on it are Avid SD 5's, and the rear brake arms are very close to the tire and wheel, making adjustments a beatch. I'll replace them with rim brakes and am looking for any suggestions of brands and models that work well on the set up. And don't say "go discs!"

Thanks!

·
meow
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm...the spacers on these do seem thicker than the ones on the Ultimates I have on the full suspension. Are thinner spacers available? Now I'm thinking about going to discs....hmmmm. I said discs! :eek:

·
from the east
288 Posts
Spacing.

As others have said, I too think your pad spacing is off. Easy to fix. Take a look at the manual for your brakes:

http://www.sram.com/_media/techdocs/single-digit-5-install.pdf

If that's your problem, you'll be off and running in 5-10 minutes. Just make sure to adjust the pads properly after switching the spacers. (This is also covered in manual.)

eric.

·
meow
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks BR for the spacer advice. It helped some. I made all the appropriate adjustments, but still had to let the cable out some to get the proper spacing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.