Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

I'm finally on vacation for a week from Aug 30th to Sept 2nd and i will go biking to the Kingdom Trails. I love technical XC, rolling XC and going down. I hear only good stuff about the Kingdom Trails and i want to see your favorite spot on the map, the usual loop you do, where are the most fun stuff to try.

I'll probably be there only for a day... But might also bring lights for a night ride, is there anything really good tod o at night?

Please show it to me on a map cause i've never been there... Oh, and is it worth it to go on Burke Mountain where there are some trails?

Let me know! I'M so anxious to ride there...

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
BigJay said:
Hi all!

I'm finally on vacation for a week from Aug 30th to Sept 2nd and i will go biking to the Kingdom Trails. I love technical XC, rolling XC and going down. I hear only good stuff about the Kingdom Trails and i want to see your favorite spot on the map, the usual loop you do, where are the most fun stuff to try.

I'll probably be there only for a day... But might also bring lights for a night ride, is there anything really good tod o at night?

Please show it to me on a map cause i've never been there... Oh, and is it worth it to go on Burke Mountain where there are some trails?

Let me know! I'M so anxious to ride there...
Check out this loop.......It is cool because only really hard climbs are in the beginning when you are fresh.

first, head up east darling hill road. at the top, rest.

then go right on darling hill road about 30 yards and enter the trail head on the left (next to the inn) it is simply called "loop".

go about 200 or so yards and bear right - still on loop (in the field) then as you finally enter the woods:

-take poundcake on left. (all downhill tight singletrack)
-cross cupcake and stay on pound cake
-go straight for a little bit at next intersection (river run i think)
-go left on coronary for a very short bit then...
-go immediate left on fenceline (all downhill tight singletrack)
-cross coronary and continue on fenceline (all downhill tight singletrack)
-cross trail and do pastore point loop - either direction, when back at start of pastore...
-take bog meadow back to
-right on coronary then to
-right on loop, then to
-right on river run
-stop for a long snack break in the river

-continue on river run for a awhile until u start to climb then look for
-webs on a sharp left going up hill climb to top (all downhill tight singletrack) then
-left onto river run again
-go right onto dry feet
-then right onto river run again which will eventually bear to the left (skip west branch and violets outback.
-climb to the top of river run and come out on darling hill road then
-go left for about 1/4 mi. look for the trailhead on your right ...
-take bill magill back into the woods and bear left at fork staying on bill magill
-take seccond right onto pines all the way down (bear left at fork)
-take a left onto VAST and stay on vast (past nose) to fork bear left
-stay to left on firroad toward sugarhouse run
-take a right onto sugarhouse run and go to second trailhead on right
-take kitchel all the way to the bottom (bear left at fork in middle)
-kitchel bottom half was closed at end of season last year but there was an alternate unsigned trail that lead to the dirt road going out - just listen for car traffic and head that direction

that should be about 23-25 miles and about 3.5-4hours at a mellow pace. bring lots of water and food.

·
IMBA Canada
844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice! Seems like a nice loop!

I know Jozz's loop but i was wondering if anyone else has anything in mind... More on the mountain side of the Kingdom Trails.

Continue with loops!

·
Mountain biking fanatic!
54 Posts
We rode those yesterday...

We rode the Burke Mtn trails yesterday, while on a weekend trip there - it was great!

Since there was a car race up the mtn, the Toll Road was closed, so we rode Race, up Dead Moose to the top. Hestitant, but it wasn't a bad climb at all and climbing the switchbacks was actually very fun (<27lb full sus'). Near the top the locals have been building more FR type trails that connect with the main trail, plus there are several small sections that branch off. (we did not do the J-Bar trails). More fun still was the descent down the same trail that is zig-zag single track with several obstacles. At the bottom we took a right and did the whole wide tour, taking in as many black diamonds as possible. Finally at the end we hit some more really good flowing, winding singletrack with several small ledges to lauch over. (the name evades me right now, but it is before Pete's Pond and extremely fun.)

From the bottom you could climb up the road to Poundcake which, as mentioned, is definitely worth your while.

In the two days that we were there, it was all good, but I'd consider those to be the "best of".
The Kingdom Trails office was able to highlight a map, similar to what's been mentioned on this forum and made it easy to find the best trails.

Have fun!

·
Monkey
326 Posts
Hey Eric, on the mountain side you have two new trails not listed on the map, which are more freeride trails, Dead Moose Abuse and Upper Dead Moose Alley.

Oh and on Darling Hill I might be able to point you to an old trail not on the map, its called Old Web... like Web but much longer and with a couple of nice jumps!

Let me know on www.Allezy.net if you need more infos.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.