Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I need to shorten the hydro hose on my rear '06 Juicy 5. I thought I recall reading here somewhere that this can be done without needing a bleed kit but I can't find the thread. So, is it possible to cut the hose down without needing to bleed the system? If so, all tips and hints are appreciated.

thanks in advance,

simp

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
You'll need a new barb and compression fitting. But yes, if you are careful about not squeezing the lever and not dripping out fluid, you may be able to get away without bleeding. However, I've found that the factory bleeds usually aren't perfect anyways. So you should just pick up the bleed kit.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Roger that. Thanks for the advice. I'll get mah-self a bleed kit. Anything else that I'll need? Special tools? My tool kit is extensive but I've never been through the bleed process before...

cheers,
simp

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
energetix said:
Also check the parktool site - they've got good bleeding instructions for Avid, Hayes & Shimano in their maintenance section!

Ah what the heck here is the link for you. (click on "Avid® Hydraulic Caliper Brake Installation & Hose Length Changes" from the link below).

http://www.parktool.com/repair/byregion.asp?catid=14&imageField2.x=14&imageField2.y=9
Doh.... :shocked:

Park :madman: Tool :madman: Website. :madman:

What was I thinking... I guess I wasn't.

Thanks much....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.