Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Panaracer Gravelking SK 38 are not holding up to corse Arkansas gravel... have had a slew of side wide tears, pinch flats and cuts. Sad because this tire feels really good. What’s a step up in toughness... I realize it’s going to be heavier and less supple. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife has been running teravail cannonball 42 durable tire and she loves it.
We are in the flint hills in Kansas and our bike shop recommend it because she was flat problems. They are great I am running maxxis ramblers which have also been good but I still have gotten a few cuts. The teravail is heavy but has rolled nice and she is fine with it because of no flats

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have been happy with the Clement X'Plor MSO 40c's on my Willard. Local gravel is mainly a mix of crushed limestone from pea size up to 3" grade. I'm 185lbs and run at the low end of the pressure range and haven't had a flat of any kind. Not sure where these slot in for tire weight, but they roll well for what they are.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feedback! I grabbed a pair of Teravail Cannonball 38c Durable from my LBS. One ride in and they roll well and have solid traction. I was pleasantly surprised with the ride quality (not too harsh). Definitely a weight penalty but man these tires are stout!

I will keep an eye out for reviews of the new Panaracer compound!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.