Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
CNC Dude
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway, I finally got the Big Hit back together - been riding my DNA all single-chainring style, killing the trails on a hardtail. Now I'm ready to hit some drops again!

I just watched The Collective again this afternoon, to get psyched to ride tomorrow a.m. Man that vid is the tits! All that singletrack, plus the huge road gaps and Leech's section is off tha hizzook!

What videos are you guys watching these days? I saw NWD6 or whatever at Interbike, and I almost went asleep...no progression, just the same old rap-rock soundtrack and guys hitting the same style of mega-drops, a buncha artificial terrain - not my gig. I want to see some dudes blowing my mind - remember Tyler Klassen's section in the NWD1 or 2, or maybe Kranked IV? The sick sick wallride-stairgap-drop to the seawall or whatever? Or whatshisface Julien Munier in Eastern Standard? Street, dirtjumps and woods is what I ride. I went to Virgin last fall and hit some of those mesa drops on the Rampage course - that sh!t is way cool, too. I'm jonesing for something new in my DVD collection - what should it be?

·
East Coast Style
1,373 Posts
have u seen kranked 5? that or JIB. JIB is an urban vid, but man that video is off the walls.

·
Registered
938 Posts
i like Descent, No More Heroes, Rise, Earthed2 plus Fundamentals for some education :)

·
fungus amongus
395 Posts
nwd6=NO PROGRESSION! you should watch it again. well i just got new deal and its sick..get that

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I got RED BULL RETROSPECTIVE, it's pretty sweet if ya ask me. If you don't mind a vid of trials, get MANIFESTO, with ryan leech. it's crazy what that guy does. It's only like 20 mins long though. but there is tons of extras.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
maybe some fiddy cent videos, because it sounds like you think youza gangster :rolleyes: burn your fur coat buy real clothes and then go buy kranked 5.

·
CNC Dude
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
KevinM[Freerider] said:
maybe some fiddy cent videos, because it sounds like you think youza gangster :rolleyes: burn your fur coat buy real clothes and then go buy kranked 5.
...what's that about???

Anyway - I have K5, and it's pretty cool except for the total BS rock-star announcements with the lame flaming-skull segues. I'll check out Counterparts - thanks you guys!

·
Registered
104 Posts
shopvet said:
Anyway, I finally got the Big Hit back together - been riding my DNA all single-chainring style, killing the trails on a hardtail. Now I'm ready to hit some drops again!

I just watched The Collective again this afternoon, to get psyched to ride tomorrow a.m. Man that vid is the tits! All that singletrack, plus the huge road gaps and Leech's section is off tha hizzook!

What videos are you guys watching these days? I saw NWD6 or whatever at Interbike, and I almost went asleep...no progression, just the same old rap-rock soundtrack and guys hitting the same style of mega-drops, a buncha artificial terrain - not my gig. I want to see some dudes blowing my mind - remember Tyler Klassen's section in the NWD1 or 2, or maybe Kranked IV? The sick sick wallride-stairgap-drop to the seawall or whatever? Or whatshisface Julien Munier in Eastern Standard? Street, dirtjumps and woods is what I ride. I went to Virgin last fall and hit some of those mesa drops on the Rampage course - that sh!t is way cool, too. I'm jonesing for something new in my DVD collection - what should it be?
how is there no proggresion in nwd6? everyone one is throwin down huge tricks on huge stuff, if u almost fell asleep watchin it them ur biking hormones must not be working right, cause that movie gets me pumped to huck. For more street try jib 2, and killing time. They do alot a sweet stair gaps and crap in jib 2.

·
CNC Dude
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bighit816 said:
how is there no proggresion in nwd6?
Well, it's BECAUSE
everyone one is throwin down huge tricks on huge stuff
...just like NWD4 and 5. There's no NEW huge tricks off NEW huge stuff. I can only watch John Cowan backflip-barspin a 50ft double in slow-mo about 50 times!

I'm not saying it's not big stuff, or big tricks, but it's already been done - TWICE!!

For more street try jib 2, and killing time. They do alot a sweet stair gaps and crap in jib 2.
I'm actually in Jib2 - in the Asheville, NC section. The first Jib, however, was better - Von with those trials ratchets into big drops - THAT WAS PROGRESSION - nobody had done it yet!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts