Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
avg. joe
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was finally able to escape from the hectic work routine to see how my once a month training ride was going affect my body. Well, it sucks. I gotta try twice a month from now on.

Here is my vision after the initial climb.

After some single track, I got to cruise by the lake for a bit.

A fisherman's tale. There were a few nice fish swimming around, but they aren't quite visible here. But, this pic does show the nice weather that I started my ride in.

Here is a slick creek crossing. I have seen more than a few of my riding buddies take a dip in the water.

This is a bit STIL, but plenty rideable. You just have to watch out for the narrow portion. It seems like the trees have hands that love to grab your bars when you go by.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda helped out with their target practice, but I was traveling light today.

A little bit of open rock. A chance to chase some lizards sunning themselves... you just have to avoid the broken bottles from parties gone by.

Happiness is dirt and scabs.

The last few minutes of my ride brought a little bit of liquid sun. The temp dropped about 10 degrees and was a welcomed way to cool down.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Litespeed Unicoi?......

Looks like the softtail named for the proverbial park and trail near Helen, Ga. Where is your ride, if not a trade secret? :cool:

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Were you able to GPS the trail? I need to go out there and explore one day, but a map would be nice.

·
avg. joe
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We shall see how it worked.

SSINGA said:
Were you able to GPS the trail? I need to go out there and explore one day, but a map would be nice.

I borrowed a GPS from a buddy at work. I will have to give it back to him to let him run it through his computer. I will drop you a message in a few days to let you know how it turns out.

Tom

1 - 5 of 5 Posts