Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
blet drive
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can some one recomed me a new light as my night ride 650 lumina is sucking at charging. Night rider said they could have it back to me in 4 to 6 weeks. Boo that's not going to work for me as I'm riding every night in the dark. Help

·
Premium Member
7,759 Posts
Hopefully the LBS will have something good that meets your budget. Are you looking for a replacement or just something to tide you over until the other one is fixed? If you are lucky they will be having an end of light season or a beginning of bike season sale. Consider a helmet light if you are fixing a bar light, or vice versa, so then you will have both when the other one gets fixed.

·
I'd rather be on my bike
2,749 Posts
I got left high and dry one of my first times out, and my light burned out. Had a MagLite LED in my bag, and I just held it in hand on my bars, and it worked well enough to get me home. I think they even sell flashlight bar mounts at REI IIRC. Mag was $29.99 at the local store. Might be enough to hold you over until your repaired unit is back. Do you have a price that you would like to keep it under?

·
Registered
826 Posts
If you need something affordable in the short term I use a Cygolite Metro 420 and I've been happy with it. I've found it to be bright enough for my usual speeds of 17-18 mph and you can get it on Amazon for just over $50 so it's a pretty good bargain I think.

They also have a newer model that ups it to 500 lumens for like $70.

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you need something affordable in the short term I use a Cygolite Metro 420 and I've been happy with it. I've found it to be bright enough for my usual speeds of 17-18 mph and you can get it on Amazon for just over $50 so it's a pretty good bargain I think.

They also have a newer model that ups it to 500 lumens for like $70.
My sister gave me the Cygolite 500 for christmas. I love the thing. It holds a charge well and throws a lot of light. Very good light to get.

I like having two lights. Allegedly the two lights make it easier to gauge speed and its just nice to have a back up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.