Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys,

Long time lurker around here - was hoping somebody might be able to help, or know someone who is interested.

I'm an on-again, off-again photographer based in Minnesota, and I'd like to freshen an outdated portfolio with some additional cycling-related imagery. I'll be in Thousand Oaks for my day job next week, but would like to sneak out to the Santa Rosa trails for the evening to shoot (specifically Tuesday, April 22nd). I lived in Woodland Hills several years ago and have ridden at Santa Rosa, so I'm at least familiar with the area.

Seeing as it gets dark around 7:30, we'll have a few hours tops - realistically, I'm looking for one or two solid images. Here's what I'm looking for:

• Somebody who's willing to play bike model - you don't need to be a model, but if you're relatively in shape, that helps.
  • Your stuff doesn't need to be new, but it helps if within the post-Clinton era.
  • What would be really cool is if you have a beater with platform pedals for me to ride - much quicker to get beyond the trailhead a bit to a nice vantage point that way. I'll pedal anything, I don't care.
  • A friend or two to bring along to hold a reflector or a light
  • Not needed, but pie in the sky - a female rider friend. Always nice to add some diversity.

I realize this is a bit of a shot in the dark. If you'd like to see my website, etc, shoot me a PM. I don't want to link it here just to avoid searches seeing my 'on-again/off-again' status - for all clients know, I'm a full time shooter. Little white lies and all, you know?

Oh, and finally - after we shoot, dinner and beer is on me.

Let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

Jacob

·
Registered
12,796 Posts
So, do we need to play bike model twice. And, if yes, do we have to do it in two different places at the same time. That might be kinda hard. Unless you find twins.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Thanks to michaelscott for volunteering his time - if anyone else is interested in joining us, please let me know!
Was that you we ran into today at the top of one of the Modelo climbs in Cheeseboro? Shooting pictures of a guy on a Jones frame with a fat front tire? I was riding on the Ripley with my buddy on a Scott. Hope you got some great shots - the weather was great!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Was that you we ran into today at the top of one of the Modelo climbs in Cheeseboro? Shooting pictures of a guy on a Jones frame with a fat front tire? I was riding on the Ripley with my buddy on a Scott. Hope you got some great shots - the weather was great!
Yep, that was us! Small world out there. Ideal weather, green background - can't ask for anything more. I'll post a few images up when I get them out of the black box of magic....

·
Registered
815 Posts
Yep, that was us! Small world out there. Ideal weather, green background - can't ask for anything more. I'll post a few images up when I get them out of the black box of magic....
Yeah, small world! I'd love to see the picture(s) you took of us if they come out well. Nice you got to enjoy the perfect weather!

·
Gotta pay to play
684 Posts
I was surprised no one else took Jacob up on the offer. How often do we get pro pics of us on our bikes? Probably never unless you are a pro.

This shot is totally awesome and I can't wait to see some of the hundreds more you took.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I thought he was trying to pick up on someone...lol

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
it's pretty amazing what a real photographer can do with a camera, those are some incredible photos.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts