Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A group of six friends are planning a week-long Fruita & Moab biking vacation. :D

We live in NC and plan on flying into Denver, CO. We chose Denver because of the flight availability and cost of flights & car. Seems you don't really save any time by flying into GJ after the layovers.

We will pick up 2 mini-vans in Denver and then rent bikes in Fruita/GJ. Spend the next 6 days biking in Fruita & Moab.

We are planning on coming the 2nd week in Sept. after Labor Day and school starts back (less crowded).

Questions:
Rentals: We need to rent bikes for all of us (4-5" Full Suspension). I contacted Over the Edge bike shop in Fruita, and they seemed pretty nice/knowledgable. Any other shops I should consider?

Camping: Weather permitting, we plan to spend a few days in Fruita, and some near Moab. I already found a list of "to do" trails/loops for each location in other various threads. What campgrounds are best (not cheapest) for both Fruita & Moab?

Appreciate it. :cool:

·
MRI Magnet Quencher Fixer
632 Posts
The only other rental shop is:

weaklink said:
A group of six friends are planning a week-long Fruita & Moab biking vacation. :D

We live in NC and plan on flying into Denver, CO. We chose Denver because of the flight availability and cost of flights & car. Seems you don't really save any time by flying into GJ after the layovers.

We will pick up 2 mini-vans in Denver and then rent bikes in Fruita/GJ. Spend the next 6 days biking in Fruita & Moab.

We are planning on coming the 2nd week in Sept. after Labor Day and school starts back (less crowded).

Questions:
Rentals: We need to rent bikes for all of us (4-5" Full Suspension). I contacted Over the Edge bike shop in Fruita, and they seemed pretty nice/knowledgable. Any other shops I should consider?

Camping: Weather permitting, we plan to spend a few days in Fruita, and some near Moab. I already found a list of "to do" trails/loops for each location in other various threads. What campgrounds are best (not cheapest) for both Fruita & Moab?

Appreciate it. :cool:
www.rubycanyoncycles.com

They rent Yeti 575, and some Specialized stuff too.

TJ

·
Tribe Member
873 Posts
You could also check with Treads Bicycles in Englewood. They also rent bikes: Spec Enduro's and Epics.

Enduro is a great choice for Moab/Fruita area.

Have fun

Rich

·
a.k.a. Yeti Ken
112 Posts
Don't forget to check out the La Sals for the Moab leg of your trip. There's some good camping up there in September and would be a good alternative if you want some alpine riding mixed in with the typical Moab/Fruita riding. It will be cooler, too...and is only a few miles out of town (but still missed by many)

Also, you should check into flying into Eagle Airport between Vail and Glenwood Springs (code EGE). Some flights fly directly from airports other than Denver (like Chicago). Can't hurt to compare to compare prices..and will cut the drive time to Fruita in half compared to Denver.

Let us know how your plans are coming along.

GS_Ken
Glenwood Springs, CO

1 - 4 of 4 Posts