Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Basura Blanca
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just sent my wife's '00 Isis off for a new paint job, and now find that I need some measurements for the new headbadge I'm having made for her bike. Specifically, I need the headtube height, and the outer diameter of the headtube. Hers is a medium (17" or 18"), in case the HT height varies between frame sizes. Anyone willing to grab those measurements for me when you get home this evening? I'd be grateful, and would happily buy you a beer if we ever meet up. Thanks,
- Joe

·
Basura Blanca
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fantastic! Thanks very much.

chad1433 said:
The HT length is 4.75" on all sizes. I'll check on the diameter of my wife's bike tonight for you.

·
Basura Blanca
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Still hoping to get the HT OD. Anyone? Thx,
- Joe

NuMexJoe said:
I just sent my wife's '00 Isis off for a new paint job, and now find that I need some measurements for the new headbadge I'm having made for her bike. Specifically, I need the headtube height, and the outer diameter of the headtube. Hers is a medium (17" or 18"), in case the HT height varies between frame sizes. Anyone willing to grab those measurements for me when you get home this evening? I'd be grateful, and would happily buy you a beer if we ever meet up. Thanks,
- Joe

·
Time is not a road.
4,150 Posts
Sorry, Joe, I forgot about you...well, I spent two days fighting with the wife, so I forgot about everything. Definitely this weekend. I hope that doesn't hold you up too long.

edit: I had my wife attempt this as she's at home...the best I could get out of her is that the HT badge is 2.5" l X 2" w. She doesn't get all that fancy stuff about diameter and circumference (she says 5.5"...which I know is wrong!).

·
Basura Blanca
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, I'm the one who mailed off the frame w/o measuring it, so no worries. If you can get to it this weekend, that'd be great. Thanks!

chad1433 said:
Sorry, Joe, I forgot about you...well, I spent two days fighting with the wife, so I forgot about everything. Definitely this weekend. I hope that doesn't hold you up too long.

edit: I had my wife attempt this as she's at home...the best I could get out of her is that the HT badge is 2.5" l X 2" w. She doesn't get all that fancy stuff about diameter and circumference (she says 5.5"...which I know is wrong!).

·
Basura Blanca
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I owe you a beer! Thanks very much. I'll try and remember to post a pic here in the Ells board once the bike is back and I get it built. Have a great weekend,
- Joe

jimbo2k said:
A diameter of 1.627. Which is probably 1.625 with paint. Jim

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.