Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This would be for a '12 Stumpy Comp with the 2x10 drivetrain... My bashguard for the chainring is bent... I'd like to get something aftermarket, maybe gold anodized for a little bling. But I don't know what I need. Help? Thanks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I am not sure what bolt pattern I need. From looking it seems that 4x104mm is common... I'm trying to look on SRAM's site to see if that's what I need. Unless someone knows:)

·
Former Bike Wrench
15,976 Posts
Thanks. I am not sure what bolt pattern I need. From looking it seems that 4x104mm is common... I'm trying to look on SRAM's site to see if that's what I need. Unless someone knows:)
You say Stumpy Comp...do you mean the hardtail or the FSR?

The hardtail uses a dedicated 2 x 10 crankset which comes without a bash. It uses the 80/120 4 bolt pattern and is not compatible with a standard bash to my knowledge. The FSR Comp uses the "Trail" double which uses a 64/104 4 bolt pattern and comes with a bash. You mentioned you bent yours so I assume this is what you have so the BBG would be a direct replacement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in the same boat. I have a 2012 Rockhopper and I bent the crap out of my largest chainring yesterday. Everything else on the bike is stock minus some crankbrothers pedals. I really need to upgrade the crank but want to keep it protected. Any advice?

·
Registered
253 Posts
What I just did was buy a 3x10 spider and changed to 24/36/bash. So still running 2x10 it just adds the room for the bash. Its 64/104 as well so you can run many diffferent gears.

I got the race face turbine kit with the 2 gear and the bash. Seems good so far.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts