Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<sob>

I've been neglecting biking for a while, and I got caught with this wonderful spring weather and no working bike to fuel my passion. (As well as a new girlfriend who bikes...:))

I'm 125 lbs, 5'8, and I ride in the streets, trails with drops as big as 6 feet, and XC trails. I was looking to spend 1 to 2 grand (Canadian dollars). I may have missed some details. :confused:

I was thinking of a Norco Charger...or perhaps a Norco Fluid 2, but i'm forgetting about a lot more great bikes, i'm sure. Can you help me out?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
A couple of suggestions.

Wrincle said:
<sob>

I've been neglecting biking for a while, and I got caught with this wonderful spring weather and no working bike to fuel my passion. (As well as a new girlfriend who bikes...:))

I'm 125 lbs, 5'8, and I ride in the streets, trails with drops as big as 6 feet, and XC trails. I was looking to spend 1 to 2 grand (Canadian dollars). I may have missed some details. :confused:

I was thinking of a Norco Charger...or perhaps a Norco Fluid 2, but i'm forgetting about a lot more great bikes, i'm sure. Can you help me out?

Thanks! :)
Santa Cruz Chameleon or Cove Stiffee FR. Dress them up for the riding you prefer.

·
Cheesiest
1,615 Posts
I'm building up a Soul Cycles Titan (ridesoul.com) for the same purpose. The frame seems nice and tight (geometry-wise) with enough seatpost for long rides. I'm planning on doing a 150 mile tour with it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love that Titan frame...never heard of the company or the frame before though. Upon closer look, seems nice! The Chameleon would be a good choice too...

Now I have a problem if I build up a bike. I don't know the best parts for a lightweight FR/XC/Urban bike or where to buy them all and fit the budget of 2000 CDN max. I was thinking maybe Pinkbike/MTBR classifieds or some online store. I wont buy from the local bike shop here...i'd end up buying crap parts just to fit my budget (and the service there is crap, too).

Oh, and i'm trying to keep the weight below 33 lbs. How much does that Soul Titan frame weigh?

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.