Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a 6-7 hour ride the first weekend in February to keep fitness up for a double century (roadbike) at the end of February. I want to do it on a mountain bike though for variety. If ya'll wanted an epic ride in that time range what would you do? I'd prefer east valley but will entertain anything. It should not be so technical I can't keep the heartrate going but I don't want to ride flat roads either. Any ideas? I've been toying with the idea of doing Jacobs Crosscut to lost goldmine to Peralta and then trying to find a way to tie into Queen Valley and some of those roads. Only problem is where to resupply. Maybe I could tie Hawes/Usery or Bulldog Canyon/Jacob's crosscut/lost goldmine together?

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
pauldelamancha said:
I need a 6-7 hour ride the first weekend in February to keep fitness up for a double century (roadbike) at the end of February. I want to do it on a mountain bike though for variety. If ya'll wanted an epic ride in that time range what would you do? I'd prefer east valley but will entertain anything. It should not be so technical I can't keep the heartrate going but I don't want to ride flat roads either. Any ideas? I've been toying with the idea of doing Jacobs Crosscut to lost goldmine to Peralta and then trying to find a way to tie into Queen Valley and some of those roads. Only problem is where to resupply. Maybe I could tie Hawes/Usery or Bulldog Canyon/Jacob's crosscut/lost goldmine together?
How about 14 laps around Fantasy Island?

I have absolutely no idea. For me, a 7-hour epic is from one end of PMP to the other.

·
Registered
59 Posts
pauldelamancha said:
It's not in the east valley, but if it were me it would have to be BCT. You could do an out and back there of just about any distance. Plus there are a couple good climbs but nothing so technical that you couldn't keep your heart rate up for most of the ride.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Prescott to Crown King and back. It is all on dirt roads, but it is great scenery and lots of climbing. It is a total of around 80 miles round trip from downtown Prescott. I posted this ride on Garmin Connect if you want to see the details. I may be interested in doing it with you if the timing is right and you would like some company.
Shu

·
Registered
589 Posts
McDowell Monstercross

The McDowell monstercross is a good route. Do a search for mcdowell monstercross and you should be able to find the thread that includes the route. I think it will fit your requirements. :thumbsup:

I might have the GPX file if you're interested. :)

EDIT: Chad beat me to it!

Tiff

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
azepicriderandrunner said:
McDowell Monstercross....3 places to get water.
Can one of you guys/girls send me the GPX file? I joined the group, but its still pending.
I'm not familiar at all with those trails, I'd like to have a good map for when I'm out there.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
azepicriderandrunner said:
I can send it to you tonight when I am home or you can now get it on the google group.
I joined the google group, but it says the membership is still pending approval.

No rush, tonight is fine! Thanks!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.