Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, A few recommendations on components...

We bought a 24" Spawn Kotori frame that we are going to build up for my 8 year old. There isn't much out there for a 24" build so I need some help. The suspension forks made for 24" tires are crazy expensive.

1. What forks would you recommend- Rigid and sus?
2. What are the effects of putting a 26" fork on a bike designed for 24" wheels?

Any advice on wheels, tires, cranks etc would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
turtles make me hot
11,672 Posts
Not a dirt jumper but when my son was small I built him a 24" Gary Fisher that he rode on some gnarly trails.
I used 24" Sun Ringle Rhyno Lites and Maxxis Snypers. I had a 26" Manitou fork on it and it worked fine.

I recently built a bike for my nephew and used Trailcraft cranks. Very nice parts.

I'm trying to load a pic of the GF but not having any luck.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a dirt jumper but when my son was small I built him a 24" Gary Fisher that he rode on some gnarly trails.
I used 24" Sun Ringle Rhyno Lites and Maxxis Snypers. I had a 26" Manitou fork on it and it worked fine.

I recently built a bike for my nephew and used Trailcraft cranks. Very nice parts.

I'm trying to load a pic of the GF but not having any luck.
Thanks! Went with Kotori 24" frame, manitou 24" fork (comes out in a couple of days), trailcraft cranks, and Hayes brakes. Working on getting some MTX33 wheels and Kenda Small block tires.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
a little late to the game, but you could always lower a 26" fork for 24" duties...
View attachment 1258941
Actually after doing some research, the 26" Fork was better geo. The 24" was not gonna work. We went with

24" Kotori frame
RockShox Reba 100mm
The new A2 kids brake set
Raceface (green) handlebars
MTX33 wheels with
Hope Pro 4 hubs

I'll put on pics when we get it built.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.