Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re:

chooofoojoo said:
everyone is thinking it... i'm just saying it....

DO A SEARCH!!!!

many topics have aroused in the past month about the leatt neck brace.
Dude, it's turds like you that give this forum a bad rap. Apparently 191+ people who also viewed this thread cared enough to view it and maybe, just maybe, might give insight to some local rider who didn't know about them and buys one and it ends up saving his or hers life. No everyone isn't thinking it, and if you want to moderate the board, then volunteer and become one. Last time I checked, you weren't one. Otherwise, let people post without belittling them.

·
Bike Ninja |||
2,037 Posts
MqtRider said:
Dude, it's turds like you that give this forum a bad rap. Apparently 191+ people who also viewed this thread cared enough to view it and maybe, just maybe, might give insight to some local rider who didn't know about them and buys one and it ends up saving his or hers life. No everyone isn't thinking it, and if you want to moderate the board, then volunteer and become one. Last time I checked, you weren't one. Otherwise, let people post without belittling them.
quite the logical fallacy there. if 191+ people have viewed it, yet nobody chimed in, that might indicate that I have already spoken for them :confused: who knows.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=365757&highlight=leatt+neck+brace

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=368768&highlight=leatt+neck+brace

put your reading glasses on.. there's plenty of info in those two topics alone.

·
Banned
2,004 Posts
I could see it being quite useful on a pro-race level. CG is going to be using one, and others may follow.

It's an understatement, but what a bummer it would be to break your neck. My GFs Dad broke his neck in 3 places in a car wreck and has to wear a Halo until late March. Luckily he can still walk

·
Registered
154 Posts
MqtRider said:
maybe, just maybe, might give insight to some local rider who didn't know about them and buys one and it ends up saving his or hers life.
QFT

And I'm the one who started the thread in that first link.

Threads about safety gear = good.

·
a tight kick sound
1,812 Posts
Why are repeated threads about safety not good? Most times I would agree that repeat threads are bad but here I think it might be different. Plus these are very new products that we don't know a lot about yet.

Why would a neck brace only benefit pro level racers? I would think anyone who puts themselves in harms way might benefit from one...especially those of us less skilled riders. Less skilled riders may be more prone to putting themselves into dangerous situations and not have the best skills to get out of it like a pro. Thus a neck brace might be more benefitial in this case no?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Yeah, I almost broke my neck a couple times when I was first getting into mountain biking. Couldn't check my rear view mirrors for a month after each of those crashes.

·
Registered
127 Posts
boone said:
...especially those of us less skilled riders. Less skilled riders may be more prone to putting themselves into dangerous situations and not have the best skills to get out of it like a pro. Thus a neck brace might be more benefitial in this case no?
..this totally makes sense to me - I consider myself a "beginner" mountain biker, but I am seriously considering purchasing one of these....

·
Bike Ninja |||
2,037 Posts
boone said:
Why are repeated threads about safety not good?
Repeated threads about safety are good, as safety is a huge part of our sport and industry. however, repeated threads about the SAME product asking the SAME question should be kept to the absolute minimum.

Call me crazy but these two arguments sound the same : :skep:
MqtRider said:
Saw these two on sick lines, anyone sport one yet?
--taken from this thread

Uruk-hai said:
Anyone going with a Leatt neck brace for the 2008 season? Any input from those who have already used them?
-- taken from here

Anyways, to restate information posted in previous threads, The leatt braces are an excellent idea and product that gives a great amount of protection to your neck and upper back. They seem to be somewhat overpriced, however that is a subjective claim as one cannot put a price on safety. TLD makes a dope color scheme, as does KTM and numerous other manufacturers. The bulkiness has proven to be a complaint of some, however Post #18 on this thread shows that with proper set-up it proves not to be a hindrance to riding.

·
I Welcome All
424 Posts
hey, wear a leatt and its amazing, nothing like you would expect it to be. Its really confortable but if you want to wear body armor with it, it has to be a rockgarden or else it wont fit very well, you can PM me with any questions
but to sum it up, its well worth the mulah!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I recently started using a Leatt on my moto bike, now won't ride without it. When I start riding DH this spring I plan on trying it out. If you don't notice it why not?

·
i drink shower water
1,189 Posts
i cant stand pressure suits. im not rocking one of those.

·
Registered
427 Posts
hab1b said:
i cant stand pressure suits. im not rocking one of those.

you have to wear a pressure suit ??

FRO one and Leatts one are two different neckbraces.

Maybe one fits better to one person with a specific armor on.

Maybe it will fit you fine in your armor with the right one ?

People have different body shapes, which is why some armors dont fit you ;)

same goes for if a brace like this will fit you or not with a specific armor.

Point is, if possible, try before saying no offhand.

·
Registered
95 Posts
i have a buddy that races motocross and he owns a leatt brace. i tried it on with a dh helmet and it seems pretty nice. u still have good movement and its fairly light... personally i wouldnt use one though

1 - 20 of 27 Posts