Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was browsing freeride bikes and came across this site. i've just really gotten into mountain biking- i go to school in 2 weeks and they have a mtb club that i want to join. but the freeride bikes look awesome! i like jumping- my bikes have no suspension on them :rolleyes: anyway- wanted to say hi. looks like ill learn alot here.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Welcome to the site...

If you really wanna learn something try starting a thread entitled: "Rock Shox Boxxers are the best forks ever!" or "All single pivot bikes suck a$$"

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
welcome....

and like we've been trying to pound into Oreo's head (lol), big suspension bikes arent needed for jumping and such. A good sturdy hardtail with good geometry and a decent sturdy suspension fork can take you alot of places and give you a solid skills base.

nothing worse than seeing kids on huge FS rigs who dont have basic skill sets yet....

·
surf-ride-repeat
2,491 Posts
zedro said:
welcome....

and like we've been trying to pound into Oreo's head (lol), big suspension bikes arent needed for jumping and such. A good sturdy hardtail with good geometry and a decent sturdy suspension fork can take you alot of places and give you a solid skills base.

nothing worse than seeing kids on huge FS rigs who dont have basic skill sets yet....
word.

·
Registered
500 Posts
oh I love that........

zedro said:

Better yet, 25-40 year olds on big-huge-tank bikes that cost more than I make in a year with no skills (and entering beginner class at DH races).

Beau

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
Beau said:
Better yet, 25-40 year olds on big-huge-tank bikes that cost more than I make in a year with no skills (and entering beginner class at DH races).

Beau
those are the worst. the 35 year olds on your local downhill trail on m1's with dorado's walking the section you just bombed on your hardtail.

back to the topic
welcome

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
Mr. Bil said:
Man I feel like you guys know me personally :(
:)
sorry to hear about your low paying job beau :p
haha. atleast your not a complete SOB. like some of the guys i was describing. older dudes riding is cool, but not when they act like they know everything because of how much their bike cost.

·
Glad to Be Alive
42,968 Posts
Konabiker when you bringing the beer??? Me and WCH have some stuff to show you

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
Konabiker when you bringing the beer??? Me and WCH have some stuff to show you
when i turn 21 :p :cool: we should ride sometime. i went on an actual ride for the first time in 2 months yesterday, so once i get back in teh game ill hit you guys up.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
well hello...

im presuming ur a girl...am i not correct... :confused:

um...ill get back to u about ur iniciation...

(and zedro...if shes a chick then do the usual iniciation rules apply or do we make considerations her coz shes a woman)

·
Registered
500 Posts
Ha!

Mr. Bil said:
Man I feel like you guys know me personally :(
:)
sorry to hear about your low paying job beau :p
I think I have met you before, not sure?

And hey....I'm in college. I pulled in a massive $4,800 last year.............on the books (shhhhh!!).

Beau

Oh yeah.....welcome to you!

I hope you are a girl. We need a women's touch around here!

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
BJ- said:
(and zedro...if shes a chick then do the usual iniciation rules apply or do we make considerations her coz shes a woman)
the initiation rules only ever applied to you....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts