Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got the day to play tomorrow and a willing friend who wants to go ride in Tahoe tommorrow.

What should we do?

Any one like to join?

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mmmm....didn't realize that the snow was so far gone off that area already.
Maybe I'll do the Mt. Rose to Flume to TRT and back down Tunnell/Silverado Trail to the second waiting car....

Now all I have to do is find anothe rperson willing to drive.....I've never done the ride back up to the top of Mt. Rose on the TRT after having done the aformentioned loop....but I know I'm pretty wiped after that climb up to the TRT after coming around Marlett Lk.:eek:

So, anyone wanna join? Leave a car at the bottom of Tunnell and drive up to Mt. Rose?

·
mtbr dismember
6,988 Posts
Can't do Mt. Rose yet

As of yesterday "Rim Trail from Tahoe Meadows (Mt. Rose) to Tunnel Creek Road: 87 snow drifts in the first 3 miles. The next 6 miles is clear of snow and trees. Not advisable from the Meadow side. The Rim Trail is rideable from Tunnel Creek to the snow as an out and back."

·
Proud lame eBiker
2,680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wherewolf said:
As of yesterday "Rim Trail from Tahoe Meadows (Mt. Rose) to Tunnel Creek Road: 87 snow drifts in the first 3 miles. The next 6 miles is clear of snow and trees. Not advisable from the Meadow side. The Rim Trail is rideable from Tunnel Creek to the snow as an out and back."
RATS!:madman:
And double rats....my friend who's up there already, just did the TRT/Flume...to the snow level and back today.

So we need something else to ride.Something in the North Lake area as they are staying in Tahoe City.

Thinking maybe Squaw up to Watson Lake to TRT on over to Brockway and up to Martis Pk. and back...something along those lines...although I don't have a good handle on those trails as far as layout is concerned. Maybe I'll check the Ogre site to see if he's got some maps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.