Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
Been coming out to SoCal for 20 yrs and never ridden so it's high time I did!
April 27 in West Lake area is target.

For MTB rental, all I can find is Topanga Creek Bicycles, which I could make work but something closer to West Lake would be preferred.

There seems to be no end of great trails but I've heard most are brutal (I know, that's subjective) climbs followed by quick descents. I'm okay with that but I'd rather go on a nice 4 hour or so XC ride where the climbing is somewhat gradual. Any suggestions highly appreciated.

PS I should note: 50 yo advanced rider, 2X week year round, good technicals, Moab 4 times, would love a pick-up ride if offered.

Thanks
Steve from NH

·
Registered
322 Posts
Westlake Cyclery ask for Mike, got a lot of riding in the backyard, go up space mountain, also it will take you to sycamore cyn o the sea! a lot of great riding ! also they have Santa cruz to rent and Trecks.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Let me know when, I can show you around, if it works out for me on time and work.
also there are some group ride, Conjeo mountain bikers ride in that backyard all the time, bunch of good guys.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, striking out on a rental. Westlake doesn't actually rent, they have free demos for 1-2 hours. Topanga Creek rents but because they're closed on Sunday won't work for me. Oh well, guess I can only drool when eyeing those nice mountains!

·
Super Moderator
6,776 Posts
Come out to Palm Springs, for some of the most rugged, ride-able trails in SoCal!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts