Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys.
I recently moved to the Little Rock area from Asheville, NC (and its glorious mountains). I am basically looking for a local that wouldn't mind showing me the trails.

I am a 25 year old woman, a fairly seasoned rider, whose steed is a 29er steel frame hardtail. I'm not fast, but I can definitely keep up. I really dig long rides, and would love to see what technical stuff this area has. My schedule during the week is kind of tight (getting off work around 5 or 6) but I have the weekend wide open.

I'm going nuts missing my NC mtns! Show me what treasures AR has :)

PS I am right by Allsopp park, & would love to follow a local thru there.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I replied in the other thread too - but just wanted to say that the stuff around here generally isn't that technical. Allsopp is less groomed and there are a couple of technical areas but it's not bad. Jackfork out by Pinnacle Mtn is a tougher trail too but not super technical.

I would say Syllamo has some of the technical stuff but that's about 2 hrs north of here.

I think I have some folks who may get together Thurs night at Burns if you want to join up. Or maybe Allsopp if you'd rather ride there.

Hey guys.
I recently moved to the Little Rock area from Asheville, NC (and its glorious mountains). I am basically looking for a local that wouldn't mind showing me the trails.

I am a 25 year old woman, a fairly seasoned rider, whose steed is a 29er steel frame hardtail. I'm not fast, but I can definitely keep up. I really dig long rides, and would love to see what technical stuff this area has. My schedule during the week is kind of tight (getting off work around 5 or 6) but I have the weekend wide open.

I'm going nuts missing my NC mtns! Show me what treasures AR has :)

PS I am right by Allsopp park, & would love to follow a local thru there.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've spent a bunch of time in the NC mountains and you will be happy here once you get out of town and discover the Ouachita Trail/Womble area out west and Syllamo to the north.
hey! thanks! i've heard that and i appreciate the recommendation. definitely looking for people to ride with wherever i go though, so please hit me up if you ever feel like showing me around that area

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey! thank you so much for the response. this week i got roped into an extracurricular work engagement on weds & thursday, so i won't be free until next week (or this weekend). would absolutely love to meet up though! planning any rides this weekend or next week?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hey no worries. I will probably be able to get out for a ride Sat morning/early afternoon or possibly Sunday. Sunday plans are up in the air right now.

FYI, there's a bike swap going on at the River Market Sat morning starting at 9am where people will be buying/selling/trading bike stuff. I may check that out at some point. And Sunday there's a work day planned at the Jackfork MTB trails out by Pinnacle Mtn State Park starting at 1pm. Goal is to blow/rake off the trails out there & maybe do some re-routes. I think ppl may try to ride some after that so you guys are welcome to go out to that if you're interested. If I don't have anything else going on, I will try to go out to that as well.

Next week, same as this week, will probably be riding Wed at the very least, and possibly Thurs.

·
Broke college student
183 Posts
Hey, I think we met at Allsop earlier. Name is Nick. I imagine I'll be riding again on Sunday,if the weather holds. Probably hitting burns, emerald park, and Allsop again. I'll let you know if I end up going and maybe we could meet up and get you oriented around the trails!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, I think we met at Allsop earlier. Name is Nick. I imagine I'll be riding again on Sunday,if the weather holds. Probably hitting burns, emerald park, and Allsop again. I'll let you know if I end up going and maybe we could meet up and get you oriented around the trails!
hi nick! yep that was definitely me... id love to meet up; not sure if sunday will work this week (it possibly could) but shoot me a direct message and we can trade emails/numbers! hope you guys had a great ride

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.