Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Sorry if this is duplicated, I had problems posting the initial thread)

I'm going to be in Matthews/Charlotte NC during October & was wondering if anyone could recommend any shops in this area?

We're staying in the UNC-Charlotte area, so if that's near any stores, that would be OK as well.

Thanks

Kris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rob said:
Bike Line is the closest to UNCC, right across the street as a matter of fact.
1001 E WT Harris Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28213
704-549-8804 phone

Sun and Ski Sports is about 7 miles north off of I-85 at Concord Mills (Speedway Blvd).

As HomeBrew stated, check out http://www.smallbrowndog.com/shops.html for more local shops. If you need a hook up for rides, check out the Forum.
:cool: Thanks for the help guys. I won't have time for riding as we'll be there for the NASCAR race that weekend. I take it Concord Mills is the mall that the Bass Pro Shops is at?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Hobart said:
QUOTE=revrnd]:cool: I take it Concord Mills is the mall that the Bass Pro Shops is at?
[/QUOTE]

yup you are right about that...bass pro shop is at concord mills....You said matthews area?? There is The Bicycle shop (Trek, Haro) on monroe rd in matthews and one more..forgot the name.(gary fisher).maybe .10 mile from there on monroe rd. Anyways...bogity bogity bogity
 

·
slakDawg
Joined
·
469 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
Charlotte

You should rent a bike because there is definitely some fun trails right in the city. You should stop by Southpark Cycles. They are within 4 miles of three different trail heads. You should ask for Kevin he is the mechanic and would take you out riding. They also have Konas and Gary fishers for rent there. If I was you I would rent a dawg from them. Great bike for the trails around there. Ride and watch Nascar on TV. I second that motion.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Scooby-doo said:
You should rent a bike because there is definitely some fun trails right in the city. You should stop by Southpark Cycles. They are within 4 miles of three different trail heads. You should ask for Kevin he is the mechanic and would take you out riding. They also have Konas and Gary fishers for rent there. If I was you I would rent a dawg from them. Great bike for the trails around there. Ride and watch Nascar on TV. I second that motion.
ok...what trail heads are 4 miles from southpark cycles?? I know of reni and the neighborhood trail across from the retirement home on tyvola...but you named 3?? which ones are you talking about that are 4 miles away??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You guys are going to kill me but I can ride any day of the week up here in the Great White North. I only get to 1, maybe 2 Cup races a year. We really don't have a lot of time w/ the drive down & back (2 days each way) in the Charlotte area.

Thanks for the help w/ the shops though.
 

·
slakDawg
Joined
·
469 Posts
revrnd said:
You guys are going to kill me but I can ride any day of the week up here in the Great White North. I only get to 1, maybe 2 Cup races a year. We really don't have a lot of time w/ the drive down & back (2 days each way) in the Charlotte area.

Thanks for the help w/ the shops though.
No prob, I was just busting your balls, I grew up here in Charlotte and live within 2 miles of the race track. NASCAR OVERLOAD!! Anyways, it's not about where you ride today, it's where can you ride tomorrow...

Scooby-Snacks, I'd also like to know of the other trail that close to SPC? thx
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
285 Posts
3 places to ride?

You have got the two down. Rennaissance and the backyard trails. The other is the auto doctor. Moto cross course. Sandy portal road is where it is off of. Not sure it is still there. I was there a while agao and the Southpark boys hooked me up. Good guys to ride with. They also have a great wed. night race series. Your the home town boy though so you have probably ridden the auto doctor. Cheers
 

·
slakDawg
Joined
·
469 Posts
Ah yes, the Auto Doc trails, I haven't been there in years and I thought that developments took most of them out. Last time I rode there, a bunch of ATVs were tearing it up. That was a fun trail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Yep, Auto Doc trails were pretty good..not too tech, but fast

Don't forget Catawba Riverfront and Beach Spring. Also, whatever happened to Cane Creek, for that matter, Reedy Creek, that little technical section of McAlpine Greenway, and some park off of Tuckaseegee Road, on the river? Years ago ( ~10 + yrs. ) Cane Creek was THE place to ride.

JT

rob said:
Ah yes, the Auto Doc trails, I haven't been there in years and I thought that developments took most of them out. Last time I rode there, a bunch of ATVs were tearing it up. That was a fun trail.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
rob said:
Ah yes, the Auto Doc trails, I haven't been there in years and I thought that developments took most of them out. Last time I rode there, a bunch of ATVs were tearing it up. That was a fun trail.
So where is this auto doc place....I want to check it out if its still around. ALso are there any maps or anything to those neighborhood trails off of tyvola across from the retirement community in the neighborhood off that dead end street. I've only been there once. The trails didn't really flow but they are alot of fun. Some awesome jumps. It didn't seem like many people ride there though. I had to play cobweb duty all afternoon.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
180 Posts
Auto Doktur directions from the NC Trail Review link

Auto Doktur is an auto repair shop located off of Sandy Porter Rd. between Shopton and 49. Park at Auto Doktur, there's designated mt. bike parking, gate closes after 5, park roadside at other times Trailhead is across the street.

I think the reviews as well as the directions are quite old. I'm not sure if the repair shop is under that name anymore.

JT
 
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top