Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Save Jesus
2,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took off one of my tires today that initially had Slime Pro put in 6 months ago. Since there wasn't any sloshing noise when I shook the tire, I assumed that it had dried out. In fact, the Slime Pro was still liquid, but just more viscous - approx the same consistency as that gooey red Cancer-40 sweet and sour sauce you get at chinese restaurants. Additionally, there wasn't that layer of dried-out latex coating the inside of the tire. There were only little bits of dried out latex near the beads.

Also, since my last post on this in 11-09-2011, I still have 2/3 of my bottle of Slime pro left, and KMP has a total capital appreciation plus dividend payout of 24%, thus turning my extra $13 into $16 already. So in your face, DWT.

http://forums.mtbr.com/wheels-tires/new-stans-formula-sucks-whats-best-alternative-749114-2.html

·
Registered
163 Posts
But it doesn't seem to glue the tyre to the rim like stans does - I still choose stans when I need to reduce burps. Otherwise slime is cheaper and lasts longer.

·
Hoolie Ghoulie on Strava.
Ripmo
3,321 Posts
Slime Pro fan here. I toothbrush Slime around both rim sockets. I only use UST wheels, and Tubeless Ready tires, so no need to "Glue" it on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Does anyone know if I can use Slime Pro, or anything else for that matter, as a substitute for Stan's in non-UST tires and non-UST rims? I'm going to attempt a ghetto tubeless setup using Gorilla tape pretty soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts