Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking for a full suspension rig ,I was in R.E.I. today and they had an 06 Navaro method 2.0 on sale for 1200.00.The bike was spec'ed real well with Fox shocks front and back,XT and lx drive train,firex crank, all in all real nice.Looks like a smok'in deal but I can't seem to find any write ups on how this bike performs.Any input would be much appreciated.

·
Freshly Fujified
8,199 Posts
REI bikes

REI makes a decent bike from what I've seen. The feedback in these forums is generally positive, and REI is great at backing up their products. Based on what you've described as the spec on the bike, it sounds like a great deal. I personally wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Bob

·
Registered
233 Posts
jeff1962 said:
I am currently looking for a full suspension rig ,I was in R.E.I. today and they had an 06 Navaro method 2.0 on sale for 1200.00.The bike was spec'ed real well with Fox shocks front and back,XT and lx drive train,firex crank, all in all real nice.Looks like a smok'in deal but I can't seem to find any write ups on how this bike performs.Any input would be much appreciated.
My understanding is that they redesigned the bikes in 07 because the susp. was a bit poor. However I do think you get a lifetime warranty on the frame with REI...so if you like the bike and the susp. works for you, it could be a good deal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last year when I was looking at bikes, REI was having a good sale on the Method 2.0. I talked to someone in tech support about it and found out that it weighs 33-34 lbs! I was surprised since it had a Fox suspension, a good crank, and overall good components. I think they skimp when it comes to handlebars, seat post, wheels, and tires. That said, you could probably replace that stuff fairly cheap (maybe not the wheels though).

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the feed back,I will probably pass on the Navaro sounds like from what I have found here, and a few other places ,that the method frame is a work in progress.I know that Ibex is well regarded here and they are definantly a good value.May hold out for that instead,I"m a few hundred bucks shy of one there top models.

·
Banned
462 Posts

·
Banned
462 Posts
jeff1962 said:
Thanks for the feed back,I will probably pass on the Navaro sounds like from what I have found here, and a few other places ,that the method frame is a work in progress.I know that Ibex is well regarded here and they are definantly a good value.May hold out for that instead,I"m a few hundred bucks shy of one there top models.
I think you should take what people say here with a grain of salt. It's common for FS bike is going to be 30lbs especially if they're going to be used for FR, DH, or AM.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=176505

waocinak said:
I just got the Novara Method 2.0. It cost $1,800 but the 20% off dropped it to $1,440, then I had my dividend and a couple of gift cards that brought it down to $1,200. It's got FOX Shocks on the front and rear, XT/LX drivetrain, and hassle-free mechanical disk brakes. The weight is comparable to other bikes and the rest of the components seem pretty bomber, so I'm stoked. Every other bike I wanted with the same components would have cost me $800 - $1,000 more.
As for Ibex being highly regarded, I chuckled when you said that. Check out the Trek, Specialized, Turner, Titus, Santa Cruz, Intense forums and ask just how highly regarded they are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.