Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I qualified for the Downhill and XC races at nationals this year. I'm doing the XC race for sure, but the only bike I have for the downhill is a Yeti 575 with a 140mm front fork and cross country wheelset. I have no clue what the course is like out there. I'm not looking to win, just to have fun, but I also don't want to bust up my bike. Anyone have video of the proposed course?

·
Registered
14 Posts
sol vista hasn't said what the courses are yet, but i can guarantee you the downhill courses will be gnarly. it will be a very long stretch to try and use a 575 at sol vista because the bike crew designs the course to be very challenging so that the best person wins.

·
Awesomist™
2,950 Posts
zenboy99 said:
I qualified for the Downhill and XC races at nationals this year. I'm doing the XC race for sure, but the only bike I have for the downhill is a Yeti 575 with a 140mm front fork and cross country wheelset. I have no clue what the course is like out there. I'm not looking to win, just to have fun, but I also don't want to bust up my bike. Anyone have video of the proposed course?
SolVista as a general rule is pretty rocky, sandy, loose, and rough, and there's usually fairly sizable gap jumps on several of the tracks, all with go-around lines. Although I feel confident I COULD ride most of the trails there on my 575, I wouldn't feel comfortable racing DH on that bike for sure. You can check out trail videos on the SolVista website to get a feel for what the terrain is like:

http://www.bikesolvista.com/

·
Pin it to win it
486 Posts
Really depends on you, I suppose. I've ridden most of the stuff at Sol Vista on my 575 (with a 160mm Lyrik and tough wheels though) and it handled it all in style. Probably not the best to race on... but it'll get the job done.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a lot for the replies and video. It looked like there were a few areas to go around some of the big double jumps? I would just be doing this to have fun, not to place high or anything.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts