Registered
76 Posts
jmtbkr said:
Today is 4-20....National Stoners day!
Burn one for yourselfs doods!!!
i'm off to Washington Sq park

have a high and happy day
jeff
Make that INTERnational Stoners day! Happy 4:20 from up here in Canada! I'll be sparking one up for my neighbors to the south :D

·
Registered
736 Posts
The Lone Wolf said:
THATS what today is! People keep saying its 4/20 and I was like, "so :confused: "
LOL...

Yeah 4:20 is the time that the greatful dead would come home from school and get stoned or something along those lines...Oh wait, no nm that's the band 311, they named there band 311 for the time they'd get home from school and get stoned... I forget the 420 thing, but yeah, anyone walking around praising 420 means they puff the weed ;)

G

·
It's true what they say about those Ohio guys? You know, round on the ends and high in the middle?

·
Registered
736 Posts
donkekus said:
Or, anyone who is celebrating today could love Hitler. It's his birthday...
:eek:
Yeah that too, kind of a strange coincidence.

·
Registered
736 Posts
ronbo613 said:
It's true what they say about those Ohio guys? You know, round on the ends and high in the middle?
lol...

Naw...I just remember this info from my HS days. I joined the Navy, cleared my head, returned to smoking after a 6-7 year break and didn't like it anymore. (last summer) It's relaxing, helps ya forget stuff and zone out, makes me creative and think from a whole different perspective, but my memory was slow, makes yah kind of paranoid, made me see things in a more negative perspective, and costs a **** load of cash to support it, unless you grow it. I could care less about the legal aspect, after all, as one of my co-workers put it today, you can walk into a bar, pound a bottle of 151 and probably die, but if you sat down on your couch and smoked bowl after bowl from sun up to sun down, the worst thing that could happen is you'll just get so high/tired that you'll fall asleep. Been there done that while going through the divorce....lol.

I like it too much, and can't just smoke here and there, or on the weekends, or just after work, etc. When I got it, I smoke it, until its gone. And I think its a great tool for those who are suffering both mentally(divorce, loss of a love one, lawsuit, etc) and physically(cancer, death bound diseases, fibromialgia, etc) but to do it on a daily basis if your already doing good is pointless, at least in my opinion.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I used to take music lessons from the father of the drummer from the Wallflowers. He personally knew 311, and as far as I know, this is untrue.
they named there band 311 for the time they'd get home from school and get stoned...
311 is the police code term for "Lewd Conduct/Indecent exposure" and he, being an extremely reputable source, said that's why they named their band that.

This also tends to be a widely accepted explanation for their band name from fans of the band.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Plinkerton said:
I used to take music lessons from the father of the drummer from the Wallflowers. He personally knew 311, and as far as I know, this is untrue.

311 is the police code term for "Lewd Conduct/Indecent exposure" and he, being an extremely reputable source, said that's why they named their band that.

This also tends to be a widely accepted explanation for their band name from fans of the band.
Hmm...well, maybe I got the two mixed up, but I"m pretty sure one of them has a story along those lines... Interesting info though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Wow. I think you need to direct your anger towards something more helpful.

Also, I'd just like to add, that there is often a huge difference between "hippies" and "stoners".

Not all "hippies" are stoners, and DEFINITELY not all "stoners" are "hippies".

And, while I do totally agree that pot can have a negative effect on your memory, I'd like to add, that there are probably quite a few adults and people that you know, that smoke pot, but don't make it public knowledge.

As for the national pot day, I really never thought it was anything exciting. I always thought it somewhat stupid that people were always saying "420!" and all that.

Though, I did always find it interesting, to look at a clock, at 4:20pm, on the date of 4/20, and think about how many people across the U.S. were smoking a bowl at that very minute.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Angry Dad said:
You frickin hippies make me sick. Take your lame 420 and smoke it up your you know what. Why do you need a National Pot day? Geez, Im suprised most of you remember what day it is.
Wow! All that hostility - looks like you sure could use a nice big juicy bowl to mellow yourself out. Be careful out there, it's a big scary world you know.

·
the target bike basher
777 Posts
why do we needa MLK day? why do we need a earth day? why do we need a daylight savings time day?why do we need a ladies night at the bar? you get the point..

·
I don't do PC
7,401 Posts
We celebrated 4/20 by doing a 3 hr trailride on our cross bikes, we were so high I crashed on the climb :D Angry Dad- your a real loser in case you didn't know.

·
Registered
165 Posts
i dont even think it was a band or anything that started the 420 thing. on 4-20 i was at work thinking hmm i wonder how this day came along so i googled it and high times just had some story of how some high school kids in california in the early 70's gathered behind a dumpster after school everyday and got high at 4:20.

i havent partaken in any reefer inhaling on a regular basis since high school, i did get high when i went to mardi gras a few yrs ago but other than that and maybe new yrs a couple yrs ago i stopped smoking. nothing against it, but my body stoped enjoying it, after some big bong rips that made me puke alot, so everytime after that i felt sick. i bet if i could still smoke and not get sick id be smoking alot, but oh well.

·
the target bike basher
777 Posts
primussucks said:
i dont even think it was a band or anything that started the 420 thing. on 4-20 i was at work thinking hmm i wonder how this day came along so i googled it and high times just had some story of how some high school kids in california in the early 70's gathered behind a dumpster after school everyday and got high at 4:20.
NO!!! ok, in the uk, tea time is/used to be 4:20, than on the day of 4/20 they would drink tea all day, like us, but us americans smoke weed instead.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yeah 4:20 is the time that the greatful dead would come home from school
Tee hee... that's funny..

420 is the police code for a marijuana violation. That is where 4:20 and 4/20 come from.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.