Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
Joined
·
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who's going to the 4X? i'll be there with the Full Tilt team. hopefully i won't get my ass handed to me. i haven't trained/praticed in months and i'm in jr.X. o well it'll be fun and some pionts are better than no points.

Alex. you should see if you could tag along in the team truck if it won't be full. it be fun to have a honorary/cripple there. we're going up sun. morning.
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Hopefully I'll be going. It all depends on what happens with my parents though... that is unless I like drove up to Denver to "go riding with friends up there" and then hitched a ride with Alex or something? ;) :p
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
Bulldozer said:
I'm not sure if awesome is the word I might use come Saturday. It's my first race in 4-5 years. Back then I raced four races (WP race series) at beginner. Figured I'm not a beginner anymore so time to move up to sport.
Lol, it'll be fun anyways I'm sure. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
who's going to the 4X? i'll be there with the Full Tilt team. hopefully i won't get my ass handed to me. i haven't trained/praticed in months and i'm in jr.X. o well it'll be fun and some pionts are better than no points.

Alex. you should see if you could tag along in the team truck if it won't be full. it be fun to have a honorary/cripple there. we're going up sun. morning.
hahahaha, honorary cripple...thanks anyway..I might however be racing XC on saturday....Them Jr. X boys are wicked fast and all have 4X bikes...so best of luck to you...It's no easy task laying the smackdown with a DH bike on what is practically a BMX course...but again good luck, I wish I could join you.
 

·
RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
Joined
·
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
theforsakencheezit said:
hahahaha, honorary cripple...thanks anyway..I might however be racing XC on saturday....Them Jr. X boys are wicked fast and all have 4X bikes...so best of luck to you...It's no easy task laying the smackdown with a DH bike on what is practically a BMX course...but again good luck, I wish I could join you.
one of the guys is going to let me borrow a 4X bike

you can ride XC now?!!? racing at nathrop? you told me you couldn't ride XC untill this summer.
let's get out for a ride. what about wed. the 4th?
 

·
Cynical Bystander
Joined
·
6,770 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
one of the guys is going to let me borrow a 4X bike

you can ride XC now?!!? racing at nathrop? you told me you couldn't ride XC untill this summer.
let's get out for a ride. what about wed. the 4th?
Corbin you goign to Fort Collins Saturday?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
one of the guys is going to let me borrow a 4X bike

you can ride XC now?!!? racing at nathrop? you told me you couldn't ride XC untill this summer.
let's get out for a ride. what about wed. the 4th?
I'm not supposed to ride XC...and I can't get to the race anyway...I have to work. Plus my XC bike needs the annual parts replacement order to come in before it's semi functional.

More bad news...I won't be racing/riding DH this year...Which is OK I guess, I just signed with a pretty nifty U18/U23 road/XC team. If lair at the bear is dry...or something else that's smooth, I'm down for wednesday if I'm not working.

EDIT: I am working wednesday Corbin...hell I work everyday. The perks of having two part time jobs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,404 Posts
krazykowproductions said:
does anyone know if they are going to actually be shuttling bikes this time? Last weekend sucked having to carry all of my crap for about 2 mi
Last weekend there was a little pickup that was shuttling gear. They shuttled my gear to the track, but since it was downhill, I just lugged it all out on my bike after the races. I would assume there would be a shuttle this weekend, too. Just ask at the packet pickup area.
 

·
RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
Joined
·
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
theforsakencheezit said:
I'm not supposed to ride XC...and I can't get to the race anyway...I have to work. Plus my XC bike needs the annual parts replacement order to come in before it's semi functional.

More bad news...I won't be racing/riding DH this year...Which is OK I guess, I just signed with a pretty nifty U18/U23 road/XC team. If lair at the bear is dry...or something else that's smooth, I'm down for wednesday if I'm not working.

EDIT: I am working wednesday Corbin...hell I work everyday. The perks of having two part time jobs.
that sucks. why'd they change their mind about when you can DH?

how can you bike fall apart that fast, it's XTR.
how's the arapohoe cyclery job going?

well whenever you are up for a ride (raod/XC) and not working, give me a call.

and no i won't be there on sat. tony. i got an SAT and the team is going up sat. night.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
that sucks. why'd they change their mind about when you can DH?

how can you bike fall apart that fast, it's XTR.
how's the arapohoe cyclery job going?

well whenever you are up for a ride (raod/XC) and not working, give me a call.

and no i won't be there on sat. tony. i got an SAT and the team is going up sat. night.
Because it's not healing as fast as they thought it was...duh...doctors are flakey, they don't want to be wrong...XTR falls apart faster than any other component group i've ever owned...Well, the gunmetal stuff at least...I don't know about that older stuff...But mine seems to have a new problem about once a month..esp since it's rapid rise...something is always f'd...you have to be a totally kickass bike tech to keep it working well and I'm mediocre at best.

Arapahoe is good...fun times, cheap parts, good pay.
 

·
RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
Joined
·
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
theforsakencheezit said:
Because it's not healing as fast as they thought it was...duh...doctors are flakey, they don't want to be wrong...XTR falls apart faster than any other component group i've ever owned...Well, the gunmetal stuff at least...I don't know about that older stuff...But mine seems to have a new problem about once a month..esp since it's rapid rise...something is always f'd...you have to be a totally kickass bike tech to keep it working well and I'm mediocre at best.

Arapahoe is good...fun times, cheap parts, good pay.
weird. it must be the new stuff then because my dad's older style XTR is like 7 yrs old and still works great.

stupid doctors. :p funny 'cause it's an oxymoron (if that's how you spell it)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
219 Posts
krazykowproductions said:
does anyone know if they are going to actually be shuttling bikes this time? Last weekend sucked having to carry all of my crap for about 2 mi
ru kidding. An easy 2 miles on a flat cow pie road, and you need a shuttle... :D What's that?! JK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
294 Posts
ironhorsebike1 said:
weird. it must be the new stuff then because my dad's older style XTR is like 7 yrs old and still works great.

stupid doctors. :p funny 'cause it's an oxymoron (if that's how you spell it)
Yes, that and the obvious fact that your dad doesn't put 100 miles a week on his XTR like I did last year...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
I'll be there on the STP. Hopefully all the practice at Goose will help me on SUnday for the 4X. I won't be there in Saturday, but I'll see you guys there on Sunday. Hopefully its nice.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top