Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Medium?
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OMG! Seen on a Spanish-language billboard in the 'hood around work.

What's worse is that I posted this on the Land Cruiser board and a bunch of people like it. Yuck.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Nothing is wrong with Micheladas! Clamato juice and a light beer, like a beer bloody mary. Much better when you make them your self.

Get them all the time, popular in arizona

·
feeling squirrelly
712 Posts
When we were in Hawaii we picked up a sampler pack at the local grocery store from Maui Brewing Co. Most of them were good but the Coconut Porter really sucked. The pic from the website makes it look tasty, false advert!!

·
Urban Ninja
2,381 Posts
Fast Eddy said:
OMG! Seen on a Spanish-language billboard in the 'hood around work.

What's worse is that I posted this on the Land Cruiser board and a bunch of people like it. Yuck.
What a quinkidink? Someone broke one of these out the other night on one of our rides. We were calling it "the chlamydia juice."

·
Registered
457 Posts
Well, I would never drink budweiser anyway but that looks disgusting. I will admit that I have had the homemade version that Baycat refers too. Specifically, I was in this town outside Mexico City on day of the dead "Dia De Los Muertos" and they were serving these thing up in Big Gulp cups while celebrating over the graves of there relatives. The only difference is that the home made version was with chili powder and lime juice in it. I have to say I had a few and enjoyed them as skeptical as I was about the concoction. I'll try anything once when beer is involved.:thumbsup:
R

·
ballbuster
12,718 Posts
That has to be...

.... and f'ing joke! Clamato is nasty enough as it is, much less mixed with nasty ass beer... if you can call it that. Like making love in a canoe, as the Pythons used to say.

My wife and I made beer soup once. Our German forign exchange student's mother sent us a recipie for us to try. It was so nasty I thought she was messing with us. But no. It was something they really liked in their household. It was 'spit it out in a big spray' kinda bad.

·
Registered
78 Posts
A friend of mine turned me onto the Yucatan version of the Chelada. It was a light beer, Sol was my pick, with lime juice over ice in a glass with a salted rim. Very refreshing!

·
Shocks?, Pegs?... Lucky!
799 Posts
I left one of these in the fridge as a joke at a friend's b-day party a few weeks back, he's full on Cholo type mexican guy. but drinks ales and brews beer with me and stuff.
His wife drank it.
Nastee.

I gotta say, a tecate, salt, lime and a chile pepper, never been a better summer ale,
'cept maybe lemonade, cheap beer and vodka. (Summer Beer, or as we called it back east, a Hop Skip and a Runna round Go Naked)

·
M070R-M0U7H FR3NCHI3
3,584 Posts
badjenny said:
When we were in Hawaii we picked up a sampler pack at the local grocery store from Maui Brewing Co. Most of them were good but the Coconut Porter really sucked. The pic from the website makes it look tasty, false advert!!
I had some of that when I was there a few months ago...I actually wasn't that bad....

now this is the nasty stuff...

·
Medium?
6,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Acadian said:
now this is the nasty stuff...
Continuing proof that the French need to leave all things related to beer to the Belgians...

Double Bastard kicks ass. You're not worthy.

·
Coors, the american beer.
3,533 Posts
i actually like the climatos ... but then again i drink keystone on a regular basis

·
VEGAN ATHLETE Racing
1,153 Posts
Fast Eddy said:
Continuing proof that the French need to leave all things related to beer to the Belgians...

Double Bastard kicks ass. You're not worthy.
I had some national and local beers while I was in France last year. The national was considerably better than Budweiser and the local stuff was damn good. Belgians make damn good beer, but no need to knock the French. And, doesn't some brewery over by Sonoma make a Saisons beer? I've had that and it's great.

·
aka baycat
8,480 Posts
Michelada Wiki page, has some good recipes for some home made ones, which RJG knows are good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelada

Michelada recipe:

* Squeeze one green lemon in mug (depending on the lemon's juice you might just use one half).
* Add a pinch of salt.
* Add three ice cubes (iced beer is acceptable in Mexico).
* A few dashes of Tabasco Sauce.
* A few dashes of Worcestershire sauce
* Any Mexican beer. (Victoria Beer is a good choice, but it is not exported). Be careful when pouring because the salt will make the beer foam more than usual.
* Mix and enjoy.

Simply mixing beer with tomato juice is a popular version of cerveza preparada, but if lacking the salsa inglesa (Worcestershire sauce) or Maggi sauce, this concoction would usually not be referred as a michelada. If the Michelada has any type of hot sauce in it, in Mexico it may be called a "Michelada Cubana" (no relation to Cuba has been found, just as with the Torta Cubana).

1 - 20 of 64 Posts