Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
humber river advocate
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Surprised you were able to ride it. Most of the ATV trails I've seen are too gouged and rutted to ride.
like this?

cut fences and cut gate chains also...

here's another rutted atv damage area up in kalopore

·
humber river advocate
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Trailhead at Cold Creek RD?

I tried a couple trails behind there a few years ago and an old lady sicked her dog on me and took my picture. I had accidently ridden onto her land. Thought I was going to be shot.
there is not really a trailhead at cold creek road, you might have been trespassing all along, though without percise information it is hard to say. i've posted a link of the property lines from the city of vaughan/king township if you want to check.

i've never had a problem with landowners other than the atv's coming into the area. but the area is mixed farmland and big estates, so aggressive dogs are a reality. you can report it to animal control

you might have been in king township, here's the link.

Animal Control

·
Evil Jr.
6,859 Posts
Sorry to bug about this, but the map you posted doesn't have any road names for reference. It could be a map of Zimbabwe for all I know. : )
I think the road at the very bottom is Nashville and the one at the very top is King.

If you look at Google maps, that stretch of the Humber is surrounded by green blocks.

·
humber river advocate
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Sorry to bug about this, but the map you posted doesn't have any road names for reference. It could be a map of Zimbabwe for all I know. : )
don't you live in bolton? i would take garage monsters advice and use google maps.
it's real easy to find. the property is bordered by king road in the north and nashville road in the south.

trail alignment maps will be published once everything has been approved by all parties and stakeholders involved (this will take time).

·
humber river advocate
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
some great news came from last nights meeting from a releated piece of the greater puzzle. there will be a public meeting forth coming. i'll post up the date here.

·
humber river advocate
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
new bike working well, some pics of mods...

the one brakes... 160mm rotor on the back and 180mm on the front

chris king headset...

wheel set is next...

forest was very colorful.

sumac is vibrant...

queen anne's lace...

black eyed susan (rudbeckia hirta) with a bee...

·
humber river advocate
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
here's the wheelset with the conversion axle in place.

·
9 lives
15,830 Posts
Huntington and Kirby Rd intersections
2 options
Northwest side gate old dairy farm

Walls have been taken down since the pic was taken but the old stalls still visible

or to the east across the bowstring bridge
[

·
humber river advocate
6,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
was happy to see this sign on the tract, lots of possible funding avenues.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts