Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is leaving for spring break in early April. That leaves me alone, to find some mountain biking. I am thinking of heading south (I am in Milwaukee, WI) to find a letter better early April riding conditions...was thinking of the Nashville, IN (Brown County) area. Any forum members have any experience there...any opinions as to the potential riding conditions the first week of April...any ideas of a reasonable priced place to stay?

Any input is appreciated.

·
change is good
Switchblade with a 38, 29+ rigid WaltWorks
3,859 Posts
April can be hit or miss. The trails now can only be ridden if frozen and may not be dry by April. I've run Trailrakkers sp?, MKs, a Fire XC Pro and now Michelins and all will pack up with this evil crap. But when it's dry, oh boy, fast, fast, fast. Go to HMBA's web site and ask the locals on the forum where to stay. However, by April, road biking is doable, and it is a beautiful area to do so. Maybe Nashville TN - Montgomery Bell?http://www.nashvillemountainbike.com/trails.html

·
Brant-C.
1,072 Posts
it will probably be wet. the parks in indiana are very strict on trail maintenance. i've gone to a local park and had the gates locked because it had rained three days earlier.

you can head further south...pm me if you want.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.