Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I placed an order with Nashbar, and I used coupon code cr201 for 10% off. Among other things, I ordered a Truvativ Holzfeller stem for $14.95, which I believe is a great deal, and also a set of Alivio V-brake levers for my junk bike for $8.95.
Today they sent me an email stating that none of the items in my order were available.
My questions are - Has this happened to anyone else before? Do retailers have some kind of legal obligation to fulfill an order if they post an item with a price and have the item in stock?
I wonder if they pick out orders at times where they don't make enough money and just lie about the availability and then cancel the order.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention that I had a friend call them to see if any of the items were available, and indeed, at least three of the items I had ordered were still in stock. (He only asked about 4 things)

·
Registered
130 Posts
i had a great deal on a hydration pack on pricematch and a coupon code and they accepted it over the phone.. got an email saying theyre were OOS.. called back later to "order" one and it was in stock... i dont trust that whole nashbar group one bit

·
Registered
148 Posts
Same here

I have made similar experiences with them repeatedly. I had recently ordered 6 road tires on the internet, with a 10 percent off code, 2 Day shipping. Nothing after two days. I send them an email and back comes the answer that the item is out of stock. I call them and ask if I could order the tires and the person says sure, they are in stock. WTF? I really doubt there is something wrong with their system, as they like to claim. They are just simply liars, and I bet they are sitting in church on Sundays as well, claiming to be good Christians etc. Anyways, I better stop this rant right now.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I've really never had anything like that happen except with a few really cheap things that were very likely to get bought out from others, or with the used items. They seem to pause a bit more when doing ground shipping, but they seem to get things moving with the 2day. I've maybe had 12 orders in the past 18 months.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.