Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
fnInt(1/x^2,x,0,1)
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I tried the search function but wasn't able to find this data.

Here's the story: been bitten by the singlespeed bug and have acquired an Eno eccentric rear hub that I want to use with my cross bike and possibly my wife's geared 29er hardtail.

With this in mind, I'd like a strong rim (for possible MTB) and a rim that will let me run 28-35mm or bigger cross/road tires.

I've used (and still ride) Stans 355s with lots of success. I like these rims but if there's something you know of that fits the bill even better I can be swayed. Just keep in mind the rim has to accept cantilever brakes (and disc brakes, but almost any rim can).

Anybody done this before that can help?

Oh, and yes, I do have the 130 and 135mm end caps so this one hub can pull double duty. Thanks!

·
NoTubes.com
600 Posts
28mm and up is fine. I commute regularly on 355 29ers and wire bead 32mm WTB tires setup tubeless and have done lots of road miles on 32mm Serfas slicks tubeless.

Stan's road bike currently has the 23mm Hutchinson Fusion 2 tires mounted on 355 rims but that's a whole different experiment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.