Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

Heading back to the H'Burg area and wanted to ride Narrowback Mountain.

I purchased the ride pack from SBC. In the Narrowback North directions it states:

**Option: Go straight on the ridge “Cookie Trail” rather than taking the Right back to the car, follow directions on Narrowback South for loop directions***

I would like to ride the South loop, but am having difficulty finding any information on it.

Can any of you provide loop directions, mileage, ride time info?

Thanks!!

·
another bozo on the bus
1,244 Posts
Narrowback rides well in either direction. If riding it south, park at Dog Graveyard, climb the double track to the single track intersection, make a right and I would say go right at the next intersection which takes you down the Tighlman West flow trail to the road. Make a right on the road and ride back to Dog Graveyard.

·
Registered
705 Posts
If riding Narrowback you NEED to ride Narrowback West. It's the newest section and it's a great section. From the top it starts rocky, then smooths out with table tops & doubles (all roll-able) then gets bermy/curvy when flattening out at the bottom. It's a great ride as an out and back, or link with the other trails on Narrowback.

I'm actually heading down that way this weekend and I'm considering hitting it myself.

Ride link: Tillman West Mountain Bike Trail, Bridgewater, VA

·
Registered
152 Posts
I did that this past weekend. 40 minutes from home and I'd never been there before. I followed the MTBProject 13.9 mile loop route and it was great. It was my son's first longer than a few miles ride and he was worn out but finishing with that great downhill made him want to go back.
The only negative was that some knucklehead on a horse rode the Tillman West trail while the ground was very soft and left deep prints that will be there for a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts