Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at Top Tube Bags, The Full List - BIKEPACKING.com and wanted input on a thin toptube bolt-on bag. My new GG has a bolton option, but at the end of the day I could use my inexpensive hook&loop bag. Knee/bag contact is always an issue.
This article and the comments on narrow/no knee contact has me itchin' to find something new for the toptube. If I can't then the bar and stem bag will suffice. Always wanting more, ha!

·
Registered
985 Posts
Looking at Top Tube Bags, The Full List - BIKEPACKING.com and wanted input on a thin toptube bolt-on bag. My new GG has a bolton option, but at the end of the day I could use my inexpensive hook&loop bag. Knee/bag contact is always an issue.
This article and the comments on narrow/no knee contact has me itchin' to find something new for the toptube. If I can't then the bar and stem bag will suffice. Always wanting more, ha!
I use this on my Warbird. Stealth Pocket 200 I love everything about it, but it's too small in volume. It was the only one available when I bought it, but now they have many: https://xlab-usa.com/products/bags-and-pods.html
Bicycle Tire Land vehicle Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Wheel

·
EDR
10,792 Posts
I just bought the Specialized branded bolt on they had at the shop. Don't even see it on their website. Not sure of the dimensions but it fits my large cell phone and wallet. I can take measurements...it's not small like the Xlab one above.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just purchased the XLab 200 XP from Amazon with free return options. If my iPhone 12 mini fits along with some basics, and my oddball pedaling style doesn't have knee/bag contact then it's a keeper.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I've had issues with bags hitting my legs as well....

The 2 bags I've found that worked for me are the Darkspeed Racing, low profile, but a little small for my phone, and the Arundel which is large enough to hold my phone, wallet, earpods and mask.

·
Registered
Trek Fuel EX 5
114 Posts
I made a bolt on out of a regular Crank Bros top tube bag.

First, cut off all straps. Melt the remaining cuts with a lighter to avoid fraying.

I used a soldering iron to peirce two appropriately positioned holes for the bolts. The iron melted the edges nicely.

Then it was bolted to the bike.

·
EDR
10,792 Posts
I made a bolt on out of a regular Crank Bros top tube bag..
Can't believe I didn't think of doing that myself before I paid the $50 for the specialized bolt on bag. A strip of cardboard or corrugated plastic inside the bag above the bolts would help steady it and give the bottom a bit of structure.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just raced the Barry Roubaix Psycho Killer 105 race with a Dark Speed Works - Speedpack 915D
This bag is nice and slick/aero and looks awesome on direct mount. Worked great...sometimes I could feel my inside thigh slide along it when I would stand to climb but it's a non issue and non interfering. loved it. Packed it full of 6 unwrapped cliff bars and 6 Wiggle gels. Worked awesome and I'm leaving that bag attached to the bike full time.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Just raced the Barry Roubaix Psycho Killer 105 race with a Dark Speed Works - Speedpack 915D
This bag is nice and slick/aero and looks awesome on direct mount. Worked great...sometimes I could feel my inside thigh slide along it when I would stand to climb but it's a non issue and non interfering. loved it. Packed it full of 6 unwrapped cliff bars and 6 Wiggle gels. Worked awesome and I'm leaving that bag attached to the bike full time.
Post pics of it on your bike???

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Banjo Brothers makes a whole bunch of top tube bags. I just cut off the straps and used a soldering iron to make neat holes in the bolt locations and then attach with thumb nuts. They are very good quality and seriously less expensive than most other brands.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Since someone bumped this old thread even though I'm late to the game I'll throw in the Oveja Negra bolt on snack pack. Large enough to hold my OnePlus 7 Pro with plenty of extra room for snacks and whatnot.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts