Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
LemurianGuy said:
I know Merlin raced, anybody else? How'd you do, how was the course and the weather?
Course and weather were fine. I was doing fine in my race till I realized that I missed a turn and was lost!! I issed a right turn to go uphill it was clearly marked, I must have been looking at my drivetrain or something. What an idiot :(
Ilost at least 5- 10 minutes but I finished the race so I would have a good excuse to go to In & Out burger with my friends

·
2012 Race: April 28th!
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
merlin said:
Course and weather were fine. I was doing fine in my race till I realized that I missed a turn and was lost!! I issed a right turn to go uphill it was clearly marked, I must have been looking at my drivetrain or something. What an idiot :(
Ilost at least 5- 10 minutes but I finished the race so I would have a good excuse to go to In & Out burger with my friends
Its funny how you can ride right past a marked turn, I've done that myself. At least you didn't get totally lost!

Things are looking good for Lemurian this weekend, weather is supposed to be sunny & 70 degrees on Saturday! We've still got room, so if anyone wants to ride go to Active.com and prereg or sign up race day.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
LemurianGuy said:
Its funny how you can ride right past a marked turn, I've done that myself. At least you didn't get totally lost!

Things are looking good for Lemurian this weekend, weather is supposed to be sunny & 70 degrees on Saturday! We've still got room, so if anyone wants to ride go to Active.com and prereg or sign up race day.
It's funny...when it happens to you not me! :)
Thats racing....I'm signed up for the race this weekend. Where can I find directions to the race course from redding?
Also you posted a description of the long course a while back and I can't find it can you re post it?

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
merlin said:
It's funny...when it happens to you not me! :)
Thats racing....I'm signed up for the race this weekend. Where can I find directions to the race course from redding?
Also you posted a description of the long course a while back and I can't find it can you re post it?
Merlin, I'll start a Lemurian thread with that info in a minute or two.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I did it...

had a great time...improved from last year in terms of time. The race will keep getting better if I wake up tomorrow still with no poison oak.

My wife will be at Lemurian, as will her parents, who will be volunteering I believe. This will be her first mtb race since she had our son. She loved the other two Lemurian courses and is looking forward to having fun at this one too.

Roger

·
Registered
29 Posts
I did it too!

LemurianGuy said:
I know Merlin raced, anybody else? How'd you do, how was the course and the weather?
This was the longest distince race I have ever done. The last monster hill killed me. The what should have been easy ride to the finish once over the hill was a granny gear painful journey for me. Not enough breakfast or gel packs for me. But never the less I had a great time and will do it again. My bike computer time was 2:12. The single track was tight in spots also, I saw a couple crashes.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Me too

I changed my class last minute to Sport men 40-45. I did'nt want to do the ss class even though I pre registered in that class,
So I started the race ipod and all sitting there on my ss in a gearie class, I just figure today I'm just going to ride and have fun since I was in no shape for racing.
The begining of the race wore on me quick, I started to cramp pretty hard and then was debating on just to bail out, but as I reached the first water stop to refill my water bottle and rest for a minute I felt better, so I decided to continue on and just ride and not race.
Well as it turns out after i'd finished, I went to look for my results to find out how terrible I did, and for some reason I could not find my name, until one of my teammates told me that my results were posted in the ss class.
I placed 22nd in the ss class and I started 2 minutes later than them, since I started in the Sport class. I was quite pleased since I was just listening to my tunes and just riding and having fun.

PeacE cRaZzY aNNdy :eek:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Who goes back and picks up all the trash?

Myself and a friend were out there yesterday and rode the most of the course.
It looks like the company that makes gel shot packaging had their plane explode while flying over the area.

fyi, the unofficial results of litter surveying show this:
Cliff shot is most popular brand, followed by the gu brand , followed by other lesser known brands. We saw hardly any Powerbar gel packages the whole day.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Masher said:
Who goes back and picks up all the trash?

Myself and a friend were out there yesterday and rode the most of the course.
It looks like the company that makes gel shot packaging had their plane explode while flying over the area.

fyi, the unofficial results of litter surveying show this:
Cliff shot is most popular brand, followed by the gu brand , followed by other lesser known brands. We saw hardly any Powerbar gel packages the whole day.
I always put my GU wraper back in between my shorts and my thigh, I hate to litter. FYI, a couple years ago at a race at northstar put on by team big bear, they had signs on the climbs saying " this is a good time to have a gel" them they another sign saying 50 yards to a box for your gel wrapper. Worked real well .

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
merlin said:
I always put my GU wraper back in between my shorts and my thigh, I hate to litter. FYI, a couple years ago at a race at northstar put on by team big bear, they had signs on the climbs saying " this is a good time to have a gel" them they another sign saying 50 yards to a box for your gel wrapper. Worked real well .
The promoter is usually responsible for picking up all the trash, and its a real pain in the ass. At Lemurian we've asked our course marshalls to pick up all the garbage, and you'd be surprised how much there is. Whisketown insists that the park be as pristine when we're done as it was pre-race. Merlin your consideration is much appreciated. I may try that box idea since we're handing up gels at the aid stations.

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
Littering just sucks.

Kudos to Cliffshot for designing the package so that the top tear off stays with the wrapper.

Between the thigh and the shorts is where i keep mine also. It is so easy and quick, i hope more people know about it and do us all a favor of not littering.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.