Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, we all now know that Paul does not like bells. Great. I am so excited.

Now, let's list some of the other riding related things that annoy us. I'll start this off with the following annoyances:

1. Excessive Ride Reports. One report every so often is fine. A report for every time you take a dump is not.

2. The rider coming from the opposite direction that asks you how many riders are behind you.

3. The rider coming from the opposite direction that tells you that there are "______" riders behind him.

4. The never ending social stops on group mountain bike rides. My god people, if you want to have an orgy, take it inside.

5. Drivers that waive riders though. Listen pal, I'll follow the rules of the road if you do. If you have the right or way, THEN GO!!!!! If I have the right of way, I go. I don't need or want your dumbass "waive through"

6. Riders that roll through intersections, cross walks, etc. contrary to traffic law causing drivers to have no idea what a bike rider intends to do and thus forces drivers to waive riders through out of confusion and/or an abundance of caution. Listen people, follow the damn rules of the road. Stop rolling intersections.

7. Riders that believe that lame ass unstable nano-second track stands count as real stops at an intersection. Ok, this one eats me up. Your goofy ass wobbly butt track stand is NOT A STOP!!! And I don't care if under the laws of physics it is a stop because you think there is no forward motion for a nano-second. Your wobbly ass does nothing but confuse drivers. I would prefer you just roll the damn intersection rather than put your big wobbly butt on display. Stop confusing drivers. If your track stand cannot last seceral seconds and does not appear like an in control stop, then put your f****ing foot down.

8. Riders that try to explain to cops that their wobbly butt track stand was a stop under the law and that they did nothing wrong. Get a life dude, your track stand looks like chaos, not a stop. Drivers have no idea what to do.

9. Banana flavored Power Bars.

10. People that say let's do lunch after the holidays. I hate worthless chit-chat and social niceties, but this whole "I am unable to do anything because I am so busy getting ready for the holidays" crap is exactly that - CRAP!!!!!! If you don't want to do lunch, say so. Don't blame the holidays. Moreover, stop acting as if the holidays make you so busy you are virtually unable to do anything. We all still have the time to take a dump, so why should it be any different during the holidays. I am not busy during the holidays and I don't buy gifts for every freaking a$$hat I know.

·
Registered
9,211 Posts
Dirdir said:
Ok, we all now know that Paul does not like bells. Great. I am so excited.

Now, let's list some of the other riding related things that annoy us. I'll start this off with the following annoyances:

1. Excessive Ride Reports. One report every so often is fine. A report for every time you take a dump is not.

2. The rider coming from the opposite direction that asks you how many riders are behind you.

3. The rider coming from the opposite direction that tells you that there are "______" riders behind him.

4. The never ending social stops on group mountain bike rides. My god people, if you want to have an orgy, take it inside.

5. Drivers that waive riders though. Listen pal, I'll follow the rules of the road if you do. If you have the right or way, THEN GO!!!!! If I have the right of way, I go. I don't need or want your dumbass "waive through"

6. Riders that roll through intersections, cross walks, etc. contrary to traffic law causing drivers to have no idea what a bike rider intends to do and thus forces drivers to waive riders through out of confusion and/or an abundance of caution. Listen people, follow the damn rules of the road. Stop rolling intersections.

7. Riders that believe that lame ass unstable nano-second track stands count as real stops at an intersection. Ok, this one eats me up. Your goofy ass wobbly butt track stand is NOT A STOP!!! And I don't care if under the laws of physics it is a stop because you think there is no forward motion for a nano-second. Your wobbly ass does nothing but confuse drivers. I would prefer you just roll the damn intersection rather than put your big wobbly butt on display. Stop confusing drivers. If your track stand cannot last seceral seconds and does not appear like an in control stop, then put your f****ing foot down.

8. Riders that try to explain to cops that their wobbly butt track stand was a stop under the law and that they did nothing wrong. Get a life dude, your track stand looks like chaos, not a stop. Drivers have no idea what to do.

9. Banana flavored Power Bars.

10. People that say let's do lunch after the holidays. I hate worthless chit-chat and social niceties, but this whole "I am unable to do anything because I am so busy getting ready for the holidays" crap is exactly that - CRAP!!!!!! If you don't want to do lunch, say so. Don't blame the holidays. Moreover, stop acting as if the holidays make us so busy you are virtually unable to do anything. We all still havr the time to take a dump, so why should it be any different during the holidays. I am not busy during the holidays and I don't buy gifts for every freaking a$$hat I know.
Really, other that bells, nothing really annoys me.

·
Fragile - must be Italian
2,308 Posts
Geez Geoff.

How is it you are able to take so much time during your work day to write paragraphs about the stuff that pisses you off on the MTB?

The only thing I can think of is that you are covered by a labor contract that is as good as the one the UAW is using. No work and yet you still get 80% pay. In a recession no less. That's a damn good union boss you have. :D

Thx...Doug

·
Ouch, I am hot!
4,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
dgangi said:
Geez Geoff.

How is it you are able to take so much time during your work day to write paragraphs about the stuff that pisses you off on the MTB?

The only thing I can think of is that you are covered by a labor contract that is as good as the one the UAW is using. No work and yet you still get 80% pay. In a recession no less. That's a damn good union boss you have. :D

Thx...Doug
11. People that spend as much time as the rest of us wasting time on internet forums, but for some reason they think they don't. :D

·
Black and Sticky
771 Posts
Crappy right turn maneuvers

Drivers that go zooming past me on the left, then slam on their brake and swoosh into the right lane to make a slooooooow right turn in front of me. :madman: It's a rude and dangerous maneuver, a bad combination.

·
Administrator
11,801 Posts
1. an utter lack christmas cookies
2. rum when you have no eggnog.
3. eggnog when you have no rum.
4. fruit cake.
5. not knowing what a sugar plum tastes like, but I can only imagine it is heavenly.
6. rain on your wedding day
7. black fly in your chardonnay.

·
I am Walt
6,393 Posts
Dirdir...and I was going to list that the second I saw this thread title, before your "don't say Dirdir" post...

This response is the most accurate and relevant response to this thread.

Paul - Please lock this thread as nothing further can be added to this thread after my response.

·
My other ride is your mom
5,442 Posts
The winter is annoying...when I'm biking, I feel I should be skiing. When I'm skiing, I feel like I should be biking. Not really an annoyance, more of a jerk remark from a [email protected]@ss who has too much time on his hands. I feel like a kid in a candystore who can't figure out which gumball to stick in his mouth next. At least summer pretty much makes the decision easy for me.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.