Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
MTB Owner
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you named your bike. It might have a model name already, but, give 'em a name that is exclusively YOUR'S:

·
Out there
2,298 Posts
My tang-colored SIR9 is called 'Tigger' because it's orange and because my first impressions of riding it were almost exactly as follows:

The wonderful thing about Tigger
My Tigger's a wonderful thing
Its bottom is made out of rubber
Its top is made like a spring
It's bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy,
Fun, fun, fun, fun fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tigger is
MINE"S the only one

Haven't decided on a name for my black Commencal 5.2 yet but maybe 'Frank' (as in Frank Black).

·
amar la vida de dos niner
2,682 Posts
Oh, absolutely! I love the mental exercise of coming up with a name to capture the spirit of my bikes.

My matte-black road bike (custom Cannondale) is "Bagheera." (That's the black panther in "The Jungle Book.")
My hardtail (Cannondale F3000) is "Satellite."
My Titus Motolite is "Varita," which means "magic wand." (Yep, she focuses my powers. :) )

·
R.I.P. DogFriend
6,891 Posts
I don't have a name for my mtb, but my road bike (63cm frame size with riser stem) is named "Ivan", named after the 17 foot tall giraffe that resides at the San Diego Wild Animal Park.

·
Registered
574 Posts
They used to be named The Cannondale and The Fisher or The Red One and The Black One. But then I got a third bike that was both red and a cannondale so now they are: The Mountain Bike, The Road bike, The Muddy One(cross bike).

·
Bearlike
164 Posts
My Baloney has a first name...

My Bianchi MUSS is dubed The Ole' Baloney,

No there is no DOUBLE meaning ;)

My SIR 9 is Nuestra Senora de Guadalupe,

because I need it.

B

·
govt kontrakt projkt mgr
6,171 Posts
my 1st real mtb was a trek 7000 I named scary fast because I bought goves of the same brand and thought it sounded cool.

hawaii pearl was a black giant ocr I actually bought in TX but didnt start riding it lots until Hawaii. My wife destroyed it driving into an underground parking garage beneath the Japanese Restaurant in Pearl City.

the hard tail Giant residing on my trainer is a black with yellow highlights Giant XTC II. Inamed it double b because I was always black and blue after rides with it. A sassy, obstinate beotch that was alwys beating the cr&p outta me on d trails. She resides on the trainer now where she can do little harm. now it's me that rides the sh&t outta her.

the Specialized SJ full susser and the Specialized Allez Elite are un-named. Just nothing comes to mind. They do what they're supposed to do and do it darn well.

·
Portland, OR
3,112 Posts
I dont really name my bikes. but I just dont like sating "Specialized P.2" so I just call him P. his girlfriend is named rumble :eekster:

·
MTB Owner
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jmtbkr said:
My advice to you is to start drinking heavily
Jeff man,
You know me too well my friend!
Delerium ...is my fav...
therefore i name my BLUR DELERIUM in honor of your post...and i like the name anyway.

·
SuperInstigator
2,169 Posts
My Fisher Tassajara is named 'the old hartail' and my Sette Reken is named 'the new hardtail'

1 - 20 of 30 Posts