Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Propr
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if any of you FOSE experts can tell me which frame this is (year, model)? Also, maybe what it's worth if I were to pick it up second hand??

Thanks,

LB

p.s. this is the only photo I have.

Attachments

·
Propr
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kanter said:
98 or 99 Mono?

My buddy owned the exact bike but with a Super T on it.
If it's in good shape is it worth buying for a third bike for DH or is the tech pretty much out dated?

·
Trampelpfadbenutzer
692 Posts
This should be a 99 or 2000 Foes DHS Tube,the little bit less expensive version of the DHS Mono.Great geometry and and handling for DH racing.The rearwheel travel is 7 inches at the Tubed version,the Monos had 8 inches if I remember correct.There where quite a few frames with snaped steerer tubes to see back in the days.It was a great riding bike but I won't actualy spend any money at it ... :nono:

Heres a pic of my former ride,the picture was taken 2002 or so.

Later
RaD

Attachments

·
Propr
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
RaD said:
This should be a 99 or 2000 Foes DHS Tube,the little bit less expensive version of the DHS Mono.Great geometry and and handling for DH racing.The rearwheel travel is 7 inches at the Tubed version,the Monos had 8 inches if I remember correct.There where quite a few frames with snaped steerer tubes to see back in the days.It was a great riding bike but I won't actualy spend any money at it ... :nono:

Heres a pic of my former ride,the picture was taken 2002 or so.

Later
RaD
RaD,

Thanks for the reply. The guy is asking $800.00 which seemed pretty good even for a used bike. I do understand the risk involved. But I was kinda looking for a shuttle bike/whistler ride and this one seemed in great shape. Of course I'd have to go through the bike 100%.

Any additional info would be cool. Nice ride by the way :thumbsup: What are you running now?

·
Banned
6,153 Posts
Lowball said:
RaD,

Thanks for the reply. The guy is asking $800.00 which seemed pretty good even for a used bike. I do understand the risk involved. But I was kinda looking for a shuttle bike/whistler ride and this one seemed in great shape. Of course I'd have to go through the bike 100%.

Any additional info would be cool. Nice ride by the way :thumbsup: What are you running now?
800 for the bike or the frame?

·
Propr
1,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
codynyc74 said:
I had mine for awhile. bought it back in 2000 new . Had a daughter and hung it up till last season. this was over the summer.
Looks pretty sweet. Glad you got back on it :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.