Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Who's riding today?
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TCB says try this out, so, now that I have, I don't have a name for it! Beautiful day today in ugly San Diego..............:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Who's riding today?
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Look close....

There are two riders on that wicked off camber ST heading to the DOWNHILL!!! WHOA!!!:p

·
Banned
1,476 Posts
CEB said:
TCB says try this out, so, now that I have, I don't have a name for it! Beautiful day today in ugly San Diego..............:thumbsup:
Cuyamaca, some where?

·
Registered
490 Posts
Chief said:
Cuyamaca, some where?
Nope, it’s not Cuyamaca.

Look up N 32º52’59.88” W 117º00’14.76”

·
Banned
1,476 Posts
TCB said:
Nope, it’s not Cuyamaca.

Look up N 32º52’59.88” W 117º00’14.76”
Closest I could come up with is somewhere near the border, Otay (Oat Mountain)?

·
exacerbated member
241 Posts
32 52 60 N 117 00 15 W is Just North of Santee Lakes Park, but I see a track on the top of the ridge not along the side.

·
Banned
1,476 Posts
WorldWind said:
32 52 60 N 117 00 15 W is Just North of Santee Lakes Park, but I see a track on the top of the ridge not along the side.
Martha's Grove....Goodan Ranch....Sycamore Canyon area, then....what do I win?

·
If you have to ask...
717 Posts
I just rode it for the first time today. I really like the trail a lot, but the downhill has a bunch of sections that aren't going to be sustainable at all without a lot of improvement.

Does anybody have a name for it yet? If not, should we start the voting process?

miles

·
Registered
490 Posts
miles said:
I just rode it for the first time today. I really like the trail a lot, but the downhill has a bunch of sections that aren't going to be sustainable at all without a lot of improvement.

Does anybody have a name for it yet? If not, should we start the voting process?

miles
The trail is off camber so I vote “Off Camber Trail”

·
Who's riding today?
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Pretty soon our new little route will be faster....... an unknown "friend of the trail" took the time to knotch out some of the 45dgree off camber trail to a more rideable 60-70 degree.

The name? Well... it is a small section of a larger trail network.....

·
If you have to ask...
717 Posts
CEB said:
Pretty soon our new little route will be faster....... an unknown "friend of the trail" took the time to knotch out some of the 45dgree off camber trail to a more rideable 60-70 degree.

The name? Well... it is a small section of a larger trail network.....

It was that way when I rode it on friday. However, some of the downhill section go straight down the fall line, which means they are going to rut like crazy when we get some rain. A few of the downhill turns are also going to blow out in short order, I am sorry to say. Maybe I'll volunteer to do some trail improving if I have some time next week.

I really do like the fact that the ends aren't immediately apparent to the vast majority of riders in that area. Hopefully it will bed in well before the masses start riding it. Also, the climb is long enough to deter plenty of folks, so that's good.

miles

·
Registered
490 Posts
miles said:
It was that way when I rode it on friday. However, some of the downhill section go straight down the fall line, which means they are going to rut like crazy when we get some rain. A few of the downhill turns are also going to blow out in short order, I am sorry to say. Maybe I'll volunteer to do some trail improving if I have some time next week.

I really do like the fact that the ends aren't immediately apparent to the vast majority of riders in that area. Hopefully it will bed in well before the masses start riding it. Also, the climb is long enough to deter plenty of folks, so that's good.

miles
Miles, You are absolutely correct on urinalyses of the trail; I would also like to see the fall line portions of the trail rerouted to a contour trail and you are also correct about the switchbacks, I rode it today and some of the switchbacks are starting to blow out, other then that, whoever is working on this trail, good work and thanks.:thumbsup:

·
Master of the Face Plant
2,901 Posts
I ride that area alot. I think it is some of the best local riding we have. I have not ridden this new trail although I know the area. Looks like I have some exploring to do! I thought that area was off limits. Exploring new stuff is half the fun. If you guys plan any trailwork days please post here in the socal forum. I would like to get involved. That area is really coming back from the fires but it is still fragile. I have a truck and my own tools. Are there any local websites I should look at that schedule trail work?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts