Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Will Guide for Beer
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have very little info in this bike, but cannot find anything close listed on their web site ...

Color: Blue
Rear Sus: Swinger
I believe it has 7.5 of rear travel
Horst Link
Aluminimuminin frame

Not much to go with. Any ideas?

Thx.

zul

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Titus Super Moto.

Discontinued, so that's why you don't see it on their website.

If it's blue, I think it can't be newer than 2005.

Others will have more details, I'm sure...

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
zul said:
I have very little info in this bike, but cannot find anything close listed on their web site ...

Color: Blue
Rear Sus: Swinger
I believe it has 7.5 of rear travel
Horst Link
Aluminimuminin frame

Not much to go with. Any ideas?

Thx.

zul
I would guess Supermoto, but without pictures this is a pointless exercise.

Does it look like this?
Tire Wheel Transport Rim Spoke

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
blackagness said:
Theres only ONE BIKE it could possibly be. :rolleyes:
IF it actually has the travel indicated....maybe it really has only 4" of travel....maybe 5....maybe it is a 6" travel Quasi??? Who really knows without a picture?

FWIW, the Supermoto doesn't have 7.5" of travel, either...which is why it would help if there was a photo.....

·
thats right living legend
6,360 Posts
geolover said:
IF it actually has the travel indicated....maybe it really has only 4" of travel....maybe 5....maybe it is a 6" travel Quasi??? Who really knows without a picture?

FWIW, the Supermoto doesn't have 7.5" of travel, either...which is why it would help if there was a photo.....
It's blue. It has "around" 7" travel and a Swinger! that = a 1986 Torker 280.

·
Will Guide for Beer
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Supermoto

OK, so lack of details, sorry bout that ... board wisdom leads me to believe that it's a Supermoto with 'around 7" in of travel', I'll take that as a strong possability. Discontinued for any perticular reason? Durability, perhaps?? I've got a 6" bike with no durability and it has been discontinued ... just trying to avoid that route again. Reviews, thoughts??

What was the MSRP on said Supermoto of untold year? Frame only and/or built??

Thx gang. Just need a durable steed.

·
6,360 Posts
zul said:
OK, so lack of details, sorry bout that ... board wisdom leads me to believe that it's a Supermoto with 'around 7" in of travel', I'll take that as a strong possability. Discontinued for any perticular reason? Durability, perhaps?? I've got a 6" bike with no durability and it has been discontinued ... just trying to avoid that route again. Reviews, thoughts??

What was the MSRP on said Supermoto of untold year? Frame only and/or built??

Thx gang. Just need a durable steed.
Isn't it still in the reviews somewhere? Anyway I believe it's one of the BEST FR bikes ever made... as well as one of the BEST AM bikes ever made for that matter. I've ridden few of that variety (before the 06 redesign) and LOVE how it handles.

As far as durability? I've NEVER heard of one breaking. It's really a pretty incredible bike. Perhaps the most impressive thing about the bike from my point of view is how well it pedals, considering the amount of abuse it's designed for.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
blackagness said:
Isn't it still in the reviews somewhere? Anyway I believe it's one of the BEST FR bikes ever made... as well as one of the BEST AM bikes ever made for that matter. I've ridden few of that variety (before the 06 redesign) and LOVE how it handles.

As far as durability? I've NEVER heard of one breaking. It's really a pretty incredible bike. Perhaps the most impressive thing about the bike from my point of view is how well it pedals, considering the amount of abuse it's designed for.
+1....

If you ever break one or hear about a broken one, we're all ears.

I would believe someone has broken one at some point, as all bikes can break; but I've never heard about a single broken SuMo.

Titus just released the El Guapo, and it phased out the SuMo. It has an uninterrupted seat tube and different geometry. However, it's intended use will never reach the gravity oriented side of the SuMo as the SuMo could be used for full on DH and full on FR depending on the rear end and shock options chosen.

There are some on fleabay going for a grand. NEW with a DHX5, I think. But they're the copper colored 2007 model.

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
The SuMo is a strong and versatile bike. I doubt you'd break one.

MSRP was 1595 for my 2006. Pretty sure the older models were about the same. They can be had cheap bought used (and new) on ebay. Many people can't stand the akward look of the x-brace frame and uninterupted seat tube....that is too bad, because it is a very sweet riding bike.

I've had mine built up between a 34 lb trail bike and a 44 lb DH rig. Currently it's a 35-ish lb slopestyle bike. I love it.

What kind of riding will it be used for?

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
the OP neads to post a picture.
It seems very common that someone will fib about the origins of a bike. on ebay we've seen a few diamond backs attempted to be passed off as switchblades and old iron horse DH bikes attempted to be passed off as a super motos.

·
6,360 Posts
demo_slug said:
the OP neads to post a picture.
It seems very common that someone will fib about the origins of a bike. on ebay we've seen a few diamond backs attempted to be passed off as switchblades and old iron horse DH bikes attempted to be passed off as a super motos.
Yeah, we even once had an old Chevy Nova being passed off as a carbon RacerX. :nono:

I can't believe what I wound up paying for that thing!

·
Trophy Husband
3,011 Posts
blackagness said:
Yeah, we even once had an old Chevy Nova being passed off as a carbon RacerX. :nono:

I can't believe what I wound up paying for that thing!
You need to stop falling for that trick BA, your yard is startin' to look a little cluttered. (although not too bad for Alabama standards ;) )
Motor vehicle Mode of transport Land vehicle Vehicle Transport

·
6,360 Posts
geolover said:
You need to stop falling for that trick BA, your yard is startin' to look a little cluttered. (although not too bad for Alabama standards ;) )
I don't see what posting a pic of some tycoon's yard on the ritsy side of town has to do with anything. :confused:

·
Will Guide for Beer
731 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The previous photo of the SuMo is pretty much it, confirmed it yesterday at the shop. The frame has never been built and it's hanging in the Bike & Bean, the local shop in Sedona. As for riding, I think 'slopstyle' would be a great description. Lots of smallish stepdowns, freeriding and hucking. Riding in Sedona most of the time, the bike will need some pedal-ability. Trying to target 40 or sub-40 lbs.

The biggest problem that I have is an addiction to flat drops. Sinful, I know. But I am surrounded with countless beauties with flat landings. :madman: Must .. not .. drop .. to .. flat. :madman:

Also bad news for me, my current fork does not have enough travel for the SuMo. I'd end up having to buy a new drive train and front fork to do it justice. The competition is a $2,800 brand new Bullit, built.

Now all's I need is $2,800. :rolleyes: Cracked frames suck, Azonic Saber:nono:

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
I noticed that frame on the wall in B&B in Sedona last year also.... The shop bought them cheap when Titus were clearing them out, should well be able to get it for a song...

Great LBS by the way.....

·
Glutton for punishment
581 Posts
You'll like it dude...

That's what I'm riding now that my legs don't agree with the SS anymore. I saw that one at the B&B when we were up for the Fling in March. You could run a 130mm fork for a bit, the steering will be quick but not undo-able. I just upgraded mine to a 36 Van with a swinger air shock in the back. About 35 lbs. really nice on those red rock playgrounds and sturdy as heck.

Next time I'm up there I'll have to drag you away from work for a ride and a beer.

Scott

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.