Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Live 2 Ride
6,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So thinking back what old school parts did you want to own but never got a chance to buy?

As for myself:

90's era XTR rear derailleur
Grip Shift X-Ray shifters
Rock Shox Psylo fork
Avid Arch Rival V-brakes
Spinergy 4 spoke carbon wheelset

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
In the late 80's, Schwinn made a line of BMX freestyle bikes called Predator, and the parts were called "YO!". Nothing says 80's freestyle BMX more than these things... they were all neon and had "YO!" stamped on them. The stem looked like a ball.

I'd like a YO! Stem on my beach cruiser.

·
Parking Lot Poser
515 Posts
im not terribly nostalgic, i embrace the new technology.

this comes from riding bikes w/ elastomers, K2 smartshocks, bio-pace, super light action deraillers etc....

i do however wish i never left my Cool Tool on the side of the trail years back after a flat repair, that thing was the Alien before the Alien.....

that thing was legit!!

·
Banned
19,198 Posts
When I think about the crap parts we had to endure BITD I am thankful for most of the new stuff.

·
Former C-Dale addict
142 Posts
I was gonna say some nice Chris King hubs in ano-purple; but I see they have 'em back now.

Go fig!:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
J:
5,128 Posts
x2 Yo! stem

In the late 80's, Schwinn made a line of BMX freestyle bikes called Predator, and the parts were called "YO!". Nothing says 80's freestyle BMX more than these things... they were all neon and had "YO!" stamped on them. The stem looked like a ball.

Much love for this bike, was one my favs of all time:thumbsup:

·
Fart smeller
Paid to post this crap.
18,721 Posts
I wish I had an overhead projector from my old school.

And my 10th grade French teacher. :thumbsup:

Reactions: winter

·
Registered
816 Posts

I had 2 Schwinn predators growing up. I still have my original blue 12" wheels BMX with white splatter paint and white tires. I then had a 20" predator that was all black. I don't recall having the YO! stuff on it though. Not sure where the 20" ever went.

Now I see deerhead's photos...that was the nearly the exact predator I had, except it was black.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Someone already said purple ano.
I was going to say everything in 3-D violet ano. I hated it, but something made me want to do a bike built with as much of it as possible.

·
Me ride.
211 Posts
For my BMX bike, which I still own (chrome Kuwahara Nova-the LaserLight was too expensive) a sweet set of RedLine Flight Cranks, chrome plated. The gleam of these were awe-inspiring to a wide-eyed BMX-obsessed kid like me.

·
J:
5,128 Posts
and Rotors

I had 2 Schwinn predators growing up. I still have my original blue 12" wheels BMX with white splatter paint and white tires. I then had a 20" predator that was all black. I don't recall having the YO! stuff on it though. Not sure where the 20" ever went.

Now I see deerhead's photos...that was the nearly the exact predator I had, except it was black.

:thumbsup:Good bike minus the chainguard and reflectors.. didn't know how to get the metal front flector mount off back then, was constantly turning it out of the way

That was around the time the original Rotor came out. Had a rotor on a scooter shortly after, bar spin biatches!!

·
Registered
6,543 Posts

This is what I'm talking about. I thought they were such POS's back when I was riding my Dyno Pro Compe, then upgraded to a General Osborn Pro. Now, I would love to have one of these in all it's neon glory of the late 80's.

My first freestyle bike was one of these. Man, I can't believe we just tossed these things when we didn't like them anymore. I'd love to have my rare GHP freestyle frame now!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts